Skip to content

Discuss This Modest expectations for Valentino Rossi in Australia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Modest expectations for Valentino Rossi in Australia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Modest expectations for Valentino Rossi in Australia

Valentino Rossi has only modest expectations heading into this weekend’s Phillip Island MotoGP clash in Australia. The Italian doubts he will be a podium challenger on Sunday at the spectacular coastal track and he has completely written off any chance of winning a fifth Australian Grand Prix in the last six for Ducati. Home favourite Casey Stoner never lost a Phillip Island...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Are you sure ...

... about Dovi being World Champion Trippy or are you just teasing?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Dani will win the next 2 races, Stoner wants it bad, but Dani has got his measure, PI or not. Stoner's not going to want to go down again with that leg, and they are both quicker than Lorenzo. Lorenzo will be riding that Yam like a woodentop, because he doesn't want to make a mistake, he was already in melt down, when he thought there was a re-start on last weekend.

BCB, have you been drinking!!!!, Dovi will have a battle royale with Spies, DeP and Sir 'B' for 8th, 9th & 10th. most of next season.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

BCB

Teasing ?  Moi ?      No - Dovi's got about as much chance of winning a WC as Dick Emery in a wig!

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

But ...

... if Trippy's right and BloodBubbles right - would it be wrong for Cal not to shave his arm-pits as well?

Is Rossi done yet?

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Just been looking up some facts.  in 2004 Capirossi finished 9th on the 990 Duke and the great Troy Bayliss finished 14th in the WC with 71 points.   No relevance in that except that someone posted earlier about Spies being the biggest failure on a works bike.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

That aside ...

... we've got Dovi as World Champion and then there's Cal with a large bush under each arm and a face-full of fuzz.

But what about Rossi - doesn't anyone care anymore?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi

Thank god we only have to suffer 2 more races with this idiot! The sooner he's gone the better! he has set Ducati back 2 years, at least with his stumbling attempts at converting the Desmo into a Yamaha because he couldn't ride it! Never heard so many excuses fir not performing in my life! And yes, it was everyone's fault but his! Good riddance you plonker!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Eddy

Hav'nt you heard ?   Rossi is back at Yamaha next year!  Unlike Turn 3  Who's quitting.

Reply to this Topic
aced77

Jun 12

aced77 says:

The Ducati

It's obvious that the Ducati is just a difficult bike to ride - niether Rossi or Hayden have done anything spectacular yet, Casey and Capirossi were the only riders able to do anything on it, when Casey won the championship in 2007 one could argue that it was a bit of a false dawn because Ducati started development of its 800 cc motorcycle extremely early, and according to Ducati's racing chief Filippo Preziosi, by August 2006, Ducati had already built twenty 800 cc engines with various specifications, so Ducati had a massive head start and Casey was the right rider on the right bike at the right time, when the Japanese caught up Casey still won races but the Ducatis flaws were exposed - I would like to see how Casey likes the Ducati now, I think that Rossi and crew have certainly made the bike easier to ride and obviously it needs further development to be any where near the Yamaha or Honda, you have to hand it to the small Italian team who with far less resources is getting close to the much bigger Japanese heavyweights. In any case - its a shame Casey is leaving and I am glad Rossi is going to be back on a bike which he should be far more competitive on - looking forward to Rossi Vs Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

80 seconds done to death?

It seems not. Obviously time for a proper refresher course for yellow bellied Trippy and BB. That Blood was your poorest effort to date. You chose a passage from the article that didn't even mention the famous line?! Jerry said;

Which would Valentino be closer to?

“Difficult to say, without knowing where the weight is on the bike and how it behaves. But, without question, I don’t anticipate any major dramas. I can watch some of these lesser riders on the Ducatis and you can see that the bikes are, in my opinion, unsuitably set for what they want to try and do with them. I’m not saying anybody’s doing a bad job. I see these things wobbling around. When I think, clearly, if we had that issue with Valentino it’d be fixed in 80 seconds, but some riders don’t like the hardness of the bike, because they don’t get the feel. But then when they’re riding around and it’s too soft they’re not going forward either. So you’ve got to be able to create the feel with the hardness to avoid all that sloppiness. I don’t think there are any issues in the bike that are a big worry to me. I think the bike is just a tool to do your job. You sharpen the tool at the race track, you don’t build it. you should be able to adjust it to what Valentino wants. And until we’ve got a race or two under belts, we won’t really know how close we are or how much better we’ve made it. but if we can make it, as it stands here today, good for Valentino, then it’s probably not a bad bike. Then we just have to wait and see what happens.”

Boom there it all is. Completely unambiguous. Jerry was sitting there smugly stating he was completely confident there was nothing inherently wrong with the D16 and that every other rider / crew chief were just to simple to be able to set it up right. Burgesses problem was that in severely overrating his rider he overrated his own abilities too. Hubris eh Wosi, hubris. Nice to be reminded that Burgess thinks a race bike should be a nice stiff bit of kit - just as Stoner does.

80 seconds? Two years? Not ever would be more accurate, although Jerry's focus should have been on the actual problem - tuning his rider. Unlike setting up the D16 a truly impossible task though....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices