Skip to content

Discuss This Team WFR take break from racing British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Team WFR take break from racing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Team WFR take break from racing

Team WFR has taken the decision to take a break from competing in both two and four wheel motorsport. The team enjoyed a successful year in 2012, with Alex Lowes qualifying for the Showdown and finishing the season in fourth position. James Westmoreland finished seventh to win the Riders' Cup. Team WFR Managing Director Myles Schofield said: "It’s been an extremely difficult...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 October 2012 14:50)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

WFR quit

Eh?

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Dig Deeper

Theres a story somewhere here- come on MCN whats ir all about ?

Reply to this Topic
Dweeb

Mar 09

Dweeb says:

There's more to this !.

Reply to this Topic
Daveeboy

May 08

Daveeboy says:

Just maybe.....

......Mr Schofield was asked by MSVR to commit the team to a 10yr deal exclusive deal with them :wink:

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

10 Years !

Flipping heck in 10 years there may not even be a BSB series or a WSB or a Moto GP

i doubt that a 10 year deal was requested (could be wrong)

Myles Schofield is a very very odd chap in that he sometimes makes the strangest of snap decisions ? like he did with Lowes last year etc

could be a pressure thing to get his riders to commit early

Plenty to run with this one yet and this will keep the winter interest ticking over in BSB

Swan Yamaha may yet pull out as well and Birdy may change his mind so that's 6 gone from the grid already if we believe everything we read ? and what if Honda jack it in to concentrate on WSB (unless dorna scrap wsb?) thats 8 gone

Reply to this Topic
Daveeboy

May 08

Daveeboy says:

Clarkson....

......I was taking the mick after what happened when Lowes split with the team last year citing that they were trying to commit him to a 10yr exclusive deal :D

I agree that Swan will probably leave the series as they are reportedly only going to have just enough budget for 1 bike and as the rules state 2 then they may just have to call it a day.  I think the rule of 2 bikes is stupid and the rule wasn't adhered season just gone but I don't think Birdy will pull out of the series as he has some up and coming riders such as Keith Farmer who could partner Shakey (if he stays)

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Dave boy

So was i

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Take a break, they must have seen too many kit-kat ads LOL

Reply to this Topic

Page