Skip to content

Discuss This James Ellison unsure of 2013 MotoGP prospects MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Ellison unsure of 2013 MotoGP prospects

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Ellison unsure of 2013 MotoGP prospects

James Ellison says he has no clue whether he will be riding in the MotoGP world championship next season. The Cumbrian made it clear in Phillip Island today that he wants to get a new deal with Paul Bird’s ART squad, but said he no information about whether he will form one half of a new two-rider PBM UK effort next...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 October 2012 09:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Most unlikely ...

... that Ellison will get another season at PBM.

Paul Bird has made it clear that he wants Byrne on one bike and says:

"I wanted to run two British riders, but it may be that I have to run a rider of Dorna’s choice. There will 100 per cent be one British rider in the team but maybe it is out of my hands with the other – Dorna want us, they’ve upped the funding for us."

Still, Ellison will probably be better-off in BSB.

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

changing riders

I don't know but would've thought, in general, keeping a rider especially with a new team/format would be more beneficial than swapping as teams can be prone. At least that provides a bench mark for the team??

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Shakey

he should stay in BSB with a good chance of another title, it's a waste of time him running around at the back in MotoGP, DON'T forget he's been there and done it, just like the endless line of Brits, that didn't do any good. 

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Prospects ,future ?

None of the above with Bird ,I think he has more chance of kissing the pope

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Shakey

Agree with "corn bowl" shakey should deffo stay putt! Personally I think lowes and hill should do as well,what's the point running at the back of the field every week!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Shakey should stay where he is coming to MotoGP would be a waste of time especially riding a rubbish bike and circulating at the back of the field.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Agree

with the comments above. No point in running around at the back.

I just, try as I might, cannot get interested in those damn CRT things. Cluttering up the place. Pointless. They`re just filling up the grid at any price. 
So, RDP (or is it Espargaro, who cares)? is leading the CRT`s. Big deal. 
There`s no prospect of any CRT riders being offered MotGP rides. So whats the point of it all?

I got way off topic there, but James should either stay where he is, or do BSB and be happy with that.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

contractual agreements aside...

if i were looking for a rider to go to CRT's i would consider Gino Rea, if the Gresni thing doesn't work out for him and it might not.  i think Gino would be a good fit, shakey, tommy and the like should stay where they are, unfortunately for shakey time is not on his side, so what's the point in moving?  Gino on the other hand does have time, if he gets the boot from gresni, a CRT ride would not be a bad option for him, he's riding around the back in Moto2 he may as well do it on a CRT bike, it will enable hime to learn the tracks and the moto series more and put some development in.  i personally hope he stays at gresni, but i can't see it personally.  moving back WSS would imo be a retro-grade step, unless a competitive WSBK ride came along, he should stay in the moto series, any way possible.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices