Skip to content

Discuss This Why we ride General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Why we ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Nathan Laws  says:

Why we ride

Why do this? Why do that? Why ride bikes? If you need a reason... Go on, read it. You know you’re curious. The golden glint of the evening spring sun dances across my visor, reflected across the damp-patched tarmac as I begin to sit the bike up post-apex. The throttle grip feels good in my gloved hand, everything familiar and comfortable. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 October 2012 11:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

Shivers

I now have goose bumps and a little tear in my eye?

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

like like like, well done

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

This epitomises the reason why I, and many others, continue to enjoy biking. It's one last piece of escapism from our increasingly desensitised lives.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

In my early days of biking  most men just had a two wheeler or  sidecar combination till they could afford a car . Most hard -core bikers ,especially in the late 50s & 60s were members of clubs ,such as the "69" club in London or  rockers who hung around in gangs frightening your Nan"s cat  ! . But I find today that  Bikes don"t get into the blood with the young guys like when we were kids , we slept under our bikes while away at weekends , rode them to work , dated girls on them , and repaired them ourselves . A  car was a thing for women & old men , like your  Dad in his late 30s . I have always shouted the joy of biking from the rooftops & agreed it was the best thing you could do with your clothes on . I am getting to the point of retiring from my hobby ? of over 50 years because of my health , but  god knows what I will do if / when it happens , I  doubt  we will be replaced in any numbers as barriers are put up against  our  lifestyle every day .

Reply to this Topic
Jarrefan

Nov 09

Jarrefan says:

AMEN.......

Reply to this Topic
Rstlevas

Oct 12

Rstlevas says:

I ride a motorcycle because I don't know how to stop. .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices