Skip to content

Discuss This New Honda 500s spied – again New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Honda 500s spied – again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Honda 500s spied – again

These spy shots show Honda’s three, all-new, 2013 500s in their finished state for the first time. Believed to have been taken during the filming of an advertising campaign the pictures clearly show the three new machines which are due to receive their official public unveiling at the Milan Show in three weeks’ time. The bikes are: the sporty, fully-faired CBR500; the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 October 2012 16:07)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

More photos ...

... here :

http://forum.ibike.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=127881

Looks like they had the bikes under covers for a while then started shooting a commercial. No clear shot of the CB500R but I guess it looks a lot like the NC600S. 

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i am thinking i  would just buy a old gpz500 for my wife who is going to sit the new 45bhp. as they are very cheap to buy and should be easy to remove 10bhp.

Reply to this Topic
yamtcat

Jul 05

yamtcat says:

preunit

Bang on.

These could do well but all hinges on the asking price...

Fancy the CBR version

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

I ask myself, what the hell, but then I remember stupid new EU crap coming in, we need to fight that shit, just because you've passed your test doesn't mean we should let the new guys get hammered by having to have some power limit etc, thats what these are for, that new regulation, and new MOT's it's all going to force bikers out not in...

I am particularly annoyed at how the CBR500 front end looks like my CBR600RR...what we want is a CBR800RR not a CBR500!!! the 800 would be kind of the world!

Reply to this Topic
yamtcat

Jul 05

yamtcat says:

brmoore

But what about those of us who can't afford the 600R let alone the insurance?

The 500 a cheaper way for us to get the Honda styling at a more affordable level.

You mention forcing bikers out...making attractive sports bikes with smaller, yet still plenty, capacity is a good move I think. CBR800R is only going to help the more mature bikers with no claims built up and in terms of pricing between the 600 and 1000 whats the point?

Reply to this Topic
ClaretEverywhere

Oct 08

Good work by Honda

I agree in part about the new licensing; restrictions and complications don't exactly make biking seem attractive to new riders. However, given that the new format is coming whether you like it or not, I'm glad there's a manufacturer that actually has some new bikes ready to cater for them without needing restricting.

It may seem like 'curious market segmentation', but then the 50cc, 125cc and old 500cc segments were all essentially arbitrary, and perpetuated by licensing laws, similar to other classes such as 400cc and 250cc other countries. Many bikers seem to think that the market should be segmented according to the common race engine capacities. How these are more relevent I don't know.

Manufacturers who cater for the regulations in the best way will succeed; simple as. Pricing of the Hondas will be crucial, but sharing the platform between all three new models will hopefully help.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Samey

Looks like just about everything else in the current Honda stable.

As for market CC sectors, when I started riding the Japanese manufacturers had 50, 100, 125, 175, 250, 350, 400, 500, 550, 650, 750, 850, 900, and 1000 cc bikes.

In more recent times the middleweights dropped off the radar and I'm glad to see them coming back.

But dearie me, what boring designs!

How about giving the VTR250 a 500cc big brother please Mr. Honda?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

boring

i hate paraliel twins for that money it should be an inline 4 screamer!!! a cbr 400 rr would whoop it ass.

Reply to this Topic
dukie

Sep 12

dukie says:

Cant wait to test ride this. Having down sized to the cbr 250r (superb commuter) i would like something a bit faster for touring on. this ticks the boxes.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

rlf3

Too right! A vtr 500 varadero, Proper job!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices