Skip to content

Discuss This New Honda 500s spied – again New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Honda 500s spied – again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Honda 500s spied – again

These spy shots show Honda’s three, all-new, 2013 500s in their finished state for the first time. Believed to have been taken during the filming of an advertising campaign the pictures clearly show the three new machines which are due to receive their official public unveiling at the Milan Show in three weeks’ time. The bikes are: the sporty, fully-faired CBR500; the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 October 2012 16:07)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
alvaro1976

Oct 10

alvaro1976 says:

A2 in Spain

You guys are lucky, here in Spain we have the A2 since 2010. There was not much to choose from, so I limited a Honda Ntv 650, which it was too expensive (450 euros all inc.) Now there is a few models made with the A2 in mind, and Honda will have a total of 6 brand new models with these 3 500cc...wonder why they are sales leader? Becasue they can read the market better.. BTw people who limit RR bikes or with specific mapping, and then take it of when on the road, just let you know that police here have mobile dynos and the bastards go to the nice roads where bikers ride in groups, and they stop the guys with A2 and put their bikes on the dyno to see if they are really limited or not...

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

A2= Second class?

Haven't read about this new A2 licence system but i can imagine it's just another stumbling block to `sicken' people off two wheels. If the so called `powers that be' can't sicken you,then it looks like they're gonna make sure its gonna be an expensive choice owning a bike. Gone are the days of simple living and having less stress,now,there's that many laws,taxes and rules too send you to an early grave.......

Reply to this Topic
TNTbikes

Sep 12

TNTbikes says:

price

it looks good ....what is the price ? :) guess it is out of reach :(

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

Judging by the photos, this isn't as revolutionary are the NC. Okay maybe revolutionary is too strong a word but read about the technology used in the NC and you'll see it's quite unusual, for a middleweight commuter.

The engine doesn't look that unusual, frame is fairly traditional and the graphics are cheesy particularly on the X model, so it looks like a step down from the NC in terms of quality and design. I believe that it's also going to be built in Thailand, so the quality might not be quite up there with the Japanese built Hondas.

However these bikes might make just as much power as the NC700 (X or S). I expect slightly higher revving and just as fuel efficient (as a result of less CCs). Pricewise the NC are now £5450 (S) and £5950 (X) - I think the new bikes will undecut them by about £1000, so you'll looking at under £5000 each. It worth noting that you can buy a NEW Thai built CBR250R for under £3000 discounted in the UK, so big discounts might be available if you wait.

It'll be interesting to see where Honda try to pitch these bikes. They might actually turn out to be more fun and just as practical as the NC700, for a lot less money.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

But why would Honda undercut themselves?

If you buy one of these for under £5K, isn't that likely to be Honda losing a sale of a NC700?

OK the "CBR" (lulz) version is different, but the nekkid and stupid-beak one are just smaller capacity alternatives to the NC700S/X.  They're both low cost no frills commuters - how can Honda distinguish between them without admitting that one of them is the wrong choice?

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

Good points. You might be right - I'm not really sure how Honda can market these bikes without losing sales for their own NC700. Judging where this bike is made (Thailand), then this is probably a bike designed for the "emerging" markets, like the far east and India - it just happens that we're getting it too. It'll be interesting to see how these bikes are priced. If they have the same max. power as the NC (very likely) and cost a lot less then the NC700 sales will suffer, especially the X model.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

not bad BUT

What about the forthcoming yamaha fjr 800 ? looks the mutts nuts,slow off the mark again mcn ! story and pics in this months motorcycle sport and leisure.great mag.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

I had an original CB500/4....

....and I have fond memories of that bike. I expect I'd find it small and under-powered by today's standards but back then it was my pride and joy. Good luck with the new bikes Honda, I'm sure a new generation of bikers will love them.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

500-4

Someone I knew had a CB500-4, he tried overtaking me on approach to a left hand bend, totally lost control going into the corner, fell off and smashed head on into a Volvo.

At least this new 500 will have far better handling.

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

no good for me

I would like honda to make a 500cc version of the CG125,pushrod,carb fed,twinshock "proper bike I'm fed up with all this "new tech",come on Honda, there must be a way to get round all the emissions regs, lets get back to a basics please.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices