Skip to content

BMW BMW unveil 30th anniversary K1300S K1300S

You are in... Forums > BMW > K1300S > BMW unveil 30th anniversary K1300S

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

BMW unveil 30th anniversary K1300S

BMW has released images and details of the 30th anniversary K1300S, which will be available in 2013 to mark the 30th anniversary of the K-series. The model, called the 30 Jahre K-Modelle, gets a special colour scheme and a raft of accessories as standard including electronic suspension adjustment, heated grips, onboard computer and an Akrapovic exhaust. The BMW K100 was launched in 1983 and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 October 2012 17:08)

Post a message in K1300S

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

yamaha could learn something from bmw. It looks great

Reply to this Topic
max748

May 12

max748 says:

exhaust

For the love of god, put the exhause under the seat or anywhere but where it is, you spend all the money on engineering a good single sided swing and those sexy rims... then you wack that fat ass ugly exhaust over the top. The exhaust pretty much distroys every possible advantage of a single sided swing. otherwise a good looking bike :)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thing

Aug 08

thing says:

How big?

Nice looking bike, except that exhaust ... geez, what is with manufacturers putting over-sized, over-designed, plastic cans?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

30 years of "the brick"

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

that exhaust is gorgeous

and under the seat exhaust is so 1990s. 

that's a $2000 optional street legal Akra titanium exhaust.

I like this color combo better than the HP model.  But I wonder how BMW will replace this model when it comes for the next generation. 

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

the brick is 30 years old, but

but as you know, BMW switched to the inline 4 as of the 2005 model year.  And now they have both an inline 4 and 6 in the K line up.  They retired the flying brick, when the last of the K1200LTs were built for MY2009. :)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Under-seat exhausts

are good for cooking the arse of the rider and pillion.  And the cans keep getting bigger due to more restrictive noise regulations.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ahhh...7 years of the replacement, for the brick.....

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

cooked bum is bit of a myth I reckon...

that 'Cooked Bum' thing from underseat pipes is a bit of a myth I reckon.

When I first got my Sprint ST 1050 I rode it from Falmouth to south yorkshire in one hit (stopped once briefly for fuel), a distance of nearly 400 miles at a constant 80+ mph. my pillion pad was covered in my sleeping bag and karrimat roll - so if anything was going to insulate the pillion seat and keep heat in it, that would do it. the first thing I did when I reached my destination was to remove my sleeping bag + karrimat and both them adn the pillion seat were cool to the touch.

so that myth's busted (for the ST, at least).. having said that - I'd still have prefered the side mounded pipe a la Sprint GT and this beemer as that gives some underseat storage. essential on the beemer as it gives you somewhere to store those spare starter solenoids!

Cheers,

Baz.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

exhaust

That can looks a bit like an older gsxr 1000 can to my tired old eyes.Surely bm arent copying are they ? totaly agree with zoobaz ,i can do 400 miles a day and no cooked bum.if anything in hot weather more heat comes from the engine /rad.not a problem though,ace bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices