You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Indicators stopped working

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

yoyescu

Oct 12

yoyescu says:

Indicators stopped working

Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder with after market indicators. They just stopped working out of the blue while I was riding back home. I read somewhere that cold weather might affect it. Funny part is that at some point left indicator started working again, then it died. Any advice/ idea how could I fix this myself :blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 October 2012 21:28)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

flashers

Welcome yoyescu:blink:,usually when all fail it`s the flasher unit but what aftermarket indicators/flasher unit/resistors  have been fitted ?

Reply to this Topic
yoyescu

Oct 12

yoyescu says:

update

flasher unit seams fine, and as i'm not the one who fitted them couldn't tell much abt them

got the left side working this morning, right side worked for 2sec but that was all i could do. all i did was jiggling the cable that comes out from the indicator switch. so now left side indicators both front and back are working but not all the time. but no answer from the right side ones

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder year?

Hi Yoyescu and as jaffa says welcome to the site :smile

This is just bad earths,it could be the after market indicators are cheaply made Chinese items and are corroding inside around the bulbs and there holders or at the actual earth wires or both.You will need to clean and check all are grounding to earth and the live wires are also clean of corrosion.Wiggling them is just making a temporary connection,arcing will occur which will cause carbon corrosion and a spike or surge of electric which could damage the indicator relay.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:  

Reply to this Topic
yoyescu

Oct 12

yoyescu says:

oh god, why

I just had to do it. As mentioned be4 left side does work..sometimes. So with nothing else to do this morning and in freezing temperature I decided to take apart my indicator switch. Prior to this I DID check the indicators:eyebrows: = contact rust free, bulbs intact. All well  with the dismounting, but then I lost a tiny metallic sphere [attached to a string, think it was for canceling the signal when u push it in] aaand the switch is blocked now >> left indicator on as I start it :biggrin:

All in all good job, innit? :sunglasses: replacement switch gonna cost £19ish + i'll go to a garage this time, let the pros replace it. This as soon as i find one in Manc. that won't take an arm an a leg just to replace the damn part

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices