Skip to content

Discuss This Philip Island MotoGP: Valentino Rossi not surprised at Casey Stoner’s home speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Philip Island MotoGP: Valentino Rossi not surprised at Casey Stoner’s home speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Philip Island MotoGP: Valentino Rossi not surprised at Casey Stoner’s home speed

Valentino Rossi said he wasn’t surprised to see Casey Stoner dominating the opening day of practice for this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island earlier today. Fears the slow recovering right ankle injury he suffered in Indianapolis might seriously hinder the Aussie in his final appearance at Phillip Island vanished today as Stoner delivered a stunning performance in front of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 October 2012 09:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Philip Island MotoGP: Valentino Rossi not surprised at Casey Stoner’s home speed 

Well Casey was faster then you when he rode the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

PROPER TRACK FOR PROPER RACER`S..

And he still would be yam-man. 1000cc and just as slow as last year,{800`s},Ducati have really lost  the plot since employing a pair of has-been`s!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yam...

I hadn't noticed that... FP2 2010 CS 1:31.243, FP2 2012 VR 1:32.030. He's made some great improvements in the 2 years he's had at Ducati*.

Rev - "1000cc and just as slow as last year, 800`s"

So far, here, Casey's 0.5 secs faster on the 1000. FP2 2011 CS 1:30.535... we'll see how it pans out.

*... na, I know, Stoner owns this place... now watch him bin it in the race!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

I DID MEAN..

Ducati,2yr`s and 200cc and NO improvement,2yr`s of wasted money and effort. Who would of thought ? Oh yeah,me !

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

On the quiet Rossi, like the rest of us, knows that caseys injuries are nowhere near as bad as he makes out.. he's the only rider who goes faster if he is on his death bed. What kind of numpty believes that shyte?? See below.. Anybody see any restricted movement as he was hammering it in the turns?? no did you fuck . The kids fine ultra fast at pi as usual, but would like to read a little more about this years title defence from casey which is what the sport is about.. Rossi and Jorge got hammered for losing the title, and the poison dwarfs on eurosport?? I haven't heard them mention Caseys defence all season.. Talk about primadonna.. no rider in history has needed to be moddycoddled.. it's been more than a little embarrassing.. Still has to prove he has true legend status by holding onto the title but clearly knows he hasn't got that in him.. Yamgit - Rossi was also a lot better on the honda than casey has been..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Shut up.

Hugetwat I am looking at the present not in the past and also one more go back to bed moron.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

On the quiet... or not so... we all suspected, & many stated, that Rossi's shoulder injury wasn't as bad as he made out... it has proved to have been not holding him back in the slightest. Out of Rossi & Stoner, the big difference is that only one was using it as an excuse for such abysmal performances where the other has gone from strength to strength each weekend.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

To be fair..

It's difficult to take anything away from Stoner at Phillip Island..past or present.

Unbeaten since 2007 on every iteration of Ducati, is the stark reality..this is Stoners back yard. Respect is a given.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/20021241

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

Hugelean...

Run us through the list of notables Rossi beat during his Honda years - Gibernau, Barros, Ukawa...wow, how he managed to beat them (when he had a better bike..), heaven only knows!

Stoner is competing against Lorenzo in the latter's prime and I think you, me and Rossi all know how hard that is.  Why, it might even cause me to run away from the fight..

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

forgot to mention....

You know Stoner won 4 races round PI on the Ducati?  

Never understood why Rossi didnt just copy the 2010 settings last year..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices