Skip to content

Discuss This France rejects EU 'super-MOT' General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > France rejects EU 'super-MOT'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

France rejects EU 'super-MOT'

Plans for a new Europe-wide ‘super MoT’ have been rejected in France, Sweden and Holland. The Motorcycle Action Group is calling for the UK to do the same. It says the proposed EU annual roadworthiness test could be more rigorous than our current MoT and cost £50 for bikes instead of £29. French parliament’s European Affairs Committee said including bikes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 October 2012 12:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

allez le france

I am now singing the french national anthem (badly)

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

The frogs are becoming the leaders of Europe

The French seem to be in a place right now, which leaves the rest of the European nations in ridicule. They are approaching the economic crisis with reasonable and sensible financioal policies. The government rejects this farsical means of bringing more cash into the tax system in order to protect the people who cannot pay for these outlandish ideas. In other countries (I am speaking mainly about Spain, where I live) the government protects the banks, as they continue to suck the last drops of blood from the people who are struggling to get by. They force us to accept pay cuts and leave people unemployed while they use that money to keep feeding the fat cats in their multiple posts so they can buy a new yacht. A disgrace to modern living! Allez la France! I hope the UK follows suit. I am sure the people have a clear idea what to do. It is just the clown who controls the government who I doubt....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I hope all the people who have been slagging France on here recently will read this and take note, they aren't as bad as some make out!

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

SatNavSteve.

They STILL have a 100bhp limit though.....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

eatcs01!

Well, thats only a problem if you live there. And that wouldn't bother me with my 94bhp Tiger 800. Wow, how do people manage with only 100bhp? life must not be worth living! I'm sure if its a choice between 100bhp or no bike, what would be your choice? In the last few years, I've owned a Blackbird, a Fazer 1000 and a Sprint ST 1050 and I'm more than happy with the Tiger, but I prefer distance to out and out speed. Each to their own!

Reply to this Topic
jimmuck

Nov 09

jimmuck says:

The problem for us is the UK accepts all EU legislation without question and to the letter, remember the 50kph 31.1mph swerve test fiasco.

The French and other eurpean nations simply say no.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

It's an EU proposal being rejected by EU countries. The European Union isn't a governing body but is there to represent the interests of its European members. If European countries don't agree with the EU proposals, you have to ask the question - who does the EU represent. and who came up with the proposal in the first place and who backed it?

It's another nail in the coffin for a European body, trying to dictate policy across europe, that only serves to protect its future while many question its existence.

Well done France, Sweden and Holland. More will follow, I'm sure, and it's reassuring to think a democracy still exists.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Euro MOT.

Before we all get too excited perhaps they've simply rejected the first draft rather than the whole idea.

Regarding jimmuck's last sentence, in fact the problem is that other European nations don't simply say no, they allegedly say 'yes' to appear good Europeans and then carry on as before

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

reject

too right we have suffered enough rulings already the new bike test is bad enough

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices