Skip to content

Discuss This Unnecessary instruction? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Unnecessary instruction?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

applestead

Oct 12

applestead says:

Unnecessary instruction?

I wanted to take my full bike test, but felt I didn't need to pay to use a riding school. So my journey began with me booking my theory test. I logged on to direct.gov.uk to book which was really simple and I was pleased to find that the longest I had to wait was about four days. On September 11 I managed to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 October 2012 16:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Great stuff!

All I can say is well done and congratulations Mr. Tomlin.

What a brilliant positive happy story, makes a most welcome and refreshing change from the usual doom, gloom and misery about licences and tests on here.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Yes , well done ! . I have heard some silly stories about the new test & the price you can end -up paying . It"s good to read that with some common sense & some determination you can do the test on a budget  . To tell the truth if I had to do the test as it is - I wouldn"t have bothered ,and bought a car . It makes you wonder if it is road safety  OR  trying to keep the bike numbers down . They talk about "beefing -up " the car test to the same standard as a bike including a  pre- test which includes driving off public roads before you are allowed out with "L" plates & minimum practice hours  and a supervising driver . But how many years will that take to set-up ? .

Reply to this Topic
RTPRider

Oct 10

RTPRider says:

Riding Schools?

Well done, a good result. As an instructor I can say that some people like you will be able to achieve a full licence as you have. On the other side of the coin there are many people who cannot, and need a great deal of training tailored to their needs to help them develop. This is where an Approved school comes in; and I always tell my students that they are being trained not to pass a test, but to ride a motorcycle and to learn the skills to build on post test. A test pass is a result of learning those skills.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices