Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner rebounds to secure Phillip Island pole MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner rebounds to secure Phillip Island pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner rebounds to secure Phillip Island pole

Casey Stoner bounced back from an early crash to claim pole position for his final home race at the spectacular Phillip Island track in Australia earlier today. After dominating all three practice sessions, Stoner suffered a small blip in his quest for a sixth successive home victory when he fell at Turn 4 with just over 20 minutes of qualifying completed. He...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 October 2012 07:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yes..Preziosi is an engine man. But he is director of GP racing. He is supposed to be in charge.

They tried the CF monococque concept and it failed, before Rossi got there.

New direction and Ducati have been slow to implement upgrades for Rossi's 2012 bike..Stoner said it's one of the main reason he left.

There has been upheavel with the Audi purchase..some say things were put on hold at Corse for a while for the Germans to asses the company during the due dilligence period, earlier in the year.

Others think that having no history of designing and producing an Alu beam frame has left them wanting. That they have kept the old motor, for corporate rather than racing reasons, and have had to fit stuff around it. The bike has packaging issues that make finding a set-up nigh on impossible.

If Ducati improve without Rossi next year and Dani and Jorge make him look like Spies has looked this season..then it will be all over for Valentino.

If they don't and Rossi can battle for the title..it will be all over for Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
MarkCDodd

Sep 10

MarkCDodd says:

Must be the drugs...

So you are seriously suggesting that team orders, which are banned in MotoGP, should be introduced so a rider wins the championship on something other than his own merit? So Pedrosa could one day tell his grand children how his teamate slowed down so he could pass and win because he was not quick enough? How a crowd of 100,000 paid their money to see a race with no more credibility than professional wrestling? How the crowds drop to zero as nobody wants to see a race where people are not allowed to race? Yep, we all know how Danny sacrificed all to help Hayden. Do you really think the negative publicity of such team orders would help the Honda brand? The day a team did something like that and got away with it is the last day I watched MotoGP!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I hear what you're saying, but that's easily said from where you're sitting. Have you put any of your own time and money in?

What about the positive publicity and kudos the #1 plate brings? I wonder what Repsol think?

Millions watch MotoGP. There's a lot at stake and many people involved..there's no I in TEAM.

Stoner can't win it, but his team mate maybe could..If Casey made it difficult for Jorge by engaging him in a dice.

Team orders?..It's just good close racing, surely?

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostrodamus

Don't tell me it's old nr.46? A factory rider with a wrist too limp to open the throttle properly and who's as close to a 600 time time at Philip Island as he is to Stoner's pole. Rossi an Alien? ....ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Wosi wouldn't have a scoobie.

rossi is still the fastest ducati out there,another point the best lap is held by casey in 2008,a 1;28.665 but rossi still beat him on the yamaha.

when rossi puts his leg over the yamaha at valencia we will know whether or not he is still has the ability to challenge for another title.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Wosi

Very quick to run Casey down but if the same situation should happen next year would Rossi help Lorenzo?

Reply to this Topic
MarkCDodd

Sep 10

MarkCDodd says:

Danny did what he had to..

So the baggingof Pedrosa will start in earnest after his crash today.  He had to win and hope somebody got between him and Lorenzo so he did what he needed to do. Looks like the front end chatter finally got him if I can make snese of what he was telling his mechanics. Lorenzo deserved the championship and Danny did well to keep it alive this long.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Home advantage..

Fairytale stuff for Casey..sincerely, he's been in a class of one this weekend..old wosi will miss him (sniff, sniff, dab, dab). HoowOOOO-o-o-o..!!

Good day all round for the Aussies..fairplay to the home fans.

28/12/2012..I wonder when we'll next see three of them podium in all classes on the same day?

I don't think it's happened before?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices