You are in... Forums > General > General > Honda CG 125

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Honda CG 125

Ok after considering a lot of 125s looking at the Chinese lexmoto arrow and a Honda CG I have decided that in the long run a second hand cg would be the best.

So has any one ever had one? If so what are they like? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 October 2012 10:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Yes good choice

I have had two of the early models. My friends have owned many of them too. They are an excellent bike and can be fixed quite easily if needed. The tool kit that comes with it you can strip it down to all its individual pieces. An excellent bike for a first timer you will learn a lot. Have fun and take care. :smile:smile

Reply to this Topic
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

Rock solid

Good sensible choice, nothing to go wrong with them really. The lack of a sidestand is a bit of a pain, but it's no biggie if even a wimp like me can get it onto the centre stand with minimal difficulty. Cheaper than walking, no trouble getting spares if you ever need any. Won't keep up with traffic on a big main road (or a small main road up a hill), but not many other learner legal 125s will either. No real vices (blows around a bit in a crosswind, but I think that's just inevitable with a light bike and a fairly lightweight 6'2 rider in an upright position) , happily did a few relatively long rides (100-150 miles or so) on mine before I moved up. Zero pose value, but still probably better than anything Chinese in that respect.

Reply to this Topic
chriscg

Jan 10

chriscg says:

there

great,so is the yamaha ybr 125.

better than a  chinese bike of which the value will drop like a stone.

I had a cg,and the misses a ybr.lost very little selling them on a year after perchase and neither of em missed a beat.

Better second/third hand quality than first hand crap.

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

CG125

I had one and did my test on it. Simple engine, loads of spares for them if you need any on ebay and elsewhere on the interweb. The only thing I'd warn you about is Honda's stupid dipstick/oil filler cap. Leave it loose when checking the oil level or you'll end up doing what I did, seized the engine because I didn't read the instructions properly. Stupidity aside, good, reliable bike, not too exciting but it will get you where you need to go and you'll probably miss it when it's gone, especially when you think you can get over 100 miles off a fiver. Get one, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT CHINESE STUFF unless you like throwing good money away. 
Happy biking!

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Electric or Kick?

Thanks for the advice guys! 

Just wondered electric or Kick Start model?  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices