Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding on front row in Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding on front row in Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding on front row in Phillip Island

British rider Scott Redding will start tomorrow’s Australian Moto2 Grand Prix from the front row of the grid after he qualified his Marc VDS Racing Kalex machine in second place. The Gloucestershire teenager clocked a best time of 1.34.264 in a rain-hit session to secure his sixth front row start of the season. Redding will start sandwiched in between Spanish title contenders...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 October 2012 11:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Ratchetman

Get real you muppet, 'go racing every week', of course they do, everyone of them, that includes Scott Redding, I'm 100% behind, and always have been, read my posts. Now you can read them about Sir'B', and you've read them every time he's raced, get it through your thick head, HE'S AN UNDER ACHIEVER, and has been all season, all the old shite, you can trot out. Bradley had his chance in last weeks effort, pouring rain, the great leveller, so it's a poor effort, less another 20% in the wet, so who nearly wins it, Gino, and where's Sir'B', as usual, he took off at the front, didn't like the conditions, so backed it off, end of story, and that's been him from race 1 this year.

He's not a racer, or a winner, or a podium finisher, he's there making up the numbers, but you've heard all this before from me, and you can expect to hear after the race, expect to hear it after Valencia, and get used to it when they put that 'under achiever, none podium finisher' on an M1 for 2 years. Yet Scott Redding, stays in Moto2, and Sir'B' gets a free ride for 2 years, and will be lucky if he stays in front of the CRT's, I'd say 9th at best. If he was a Euro rider you'd all be slagging him off, saying that he should never have the M1 ride, but because he's a Brit, you think it should be given to him on a plate, they're even slagging Cal off because they think he should be doing better.

'Armchair racer', and who the f*ck do you think you are, MotoGP rider, I didn't see you on the grid, or were you that wallaby!!!

Sir'B' will shut me up when he wins something, and that won't be until  2015, when they chuck him into BSS.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

same question

Bradley had his chance in last weeks effort, pouring rain, the great leveller, so it's a poor effort, less another 20% in the wet, so who nearly wins it, Gino, and where's Sir'B', as usual, he took off at the front, didn't like the conditions, so backed it off,

would you like to comment on Redding's performance last week?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bultoboy

Hey Bultoboy, my reply to Ratchetman, applies to you as well, and yes I will comment on Reddings performance last week. He didn't do as well as was expected of him, like fighting for and getting a podium, nobody expects Smith to do any good, because it's there on paper, no wins, no seconds, no thirds, no effort, unlike Redding. Redding ain't perfect by a long way, but he's a real racer, and that's the difference.

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST SMITH, apart from he's a looser, he's an also ran, he's had all the help and advice from top pro's in the game, and where does he finish, fighting for a podium, no, never. He's gone backwards this year, and gifted an M1. I'd say nothing if he stayed in Moto2, even Yamaha were expecting at least 4-5 wins, and top five finishes, before he moved to MotoGP, and you're seriously telling me that he's earned a 2 year deal on an M1, get real. 

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Facts Cornbowl ...

... Redding is completing his 3rd full season of Moto2 in a top team and on the very latest spec machine.

But so far (in this ideal situation), Scott has managed a total of just 6 podiums in his entire Moto2 career (4 of those coming this year) - compared to Marquez who, this season alone, has scored 12 podiums (23 in total) on his Suter whilst Pol Espagaro on a Kalex (like Scott) has grabbed 10 podiums this year (14 in total).

Unlike Redding, both Marquez and Espagaro are in just their second full season of Moto2 - next year will be Scott's fourth in the same class.

Redding needs to pick his socks up and start winning or risk getting left behind.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
grumpytwin

Jul 08

grumpytwin says:

Scott Redding should switch paddocks. I'd love to see him in WSB. He's the wrong shape for MotoGP. No, I don't get the 'Bradders' thing either. It amazes me that countries with crippled finances like Spain and Italy can come up with the dosh to support their up and comers but the UK doesn't/can't. Where is the British Repsol?

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

I've just spoken to yamaha's head people and they would like to apologise to you all for not consulting the experts on here before going ahead and giving the ride to bradley, they bow to your superior knowledge

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Facts Eddl ...

... Bradley has a higher average points score than Redding in Moto2 - despite riding inferior equipment.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

errr int that what i inferred?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BCB

Rev, you know my thoughts on Sir'B', I consider them well founded.  Redding is moving forward, you only need to look at his attitude towards racing, he's got a front row start tomorrow, he's between Pol & Marquez, that requires considerable effort, on Redding's part. He's a rough and ready rider, but it's solid progress, and I say he'd deserve a ride like they're GIFTING Sir 'B'.

'Needs to start winning' so if you consider him slow off the mark, and a 'could do better' rider, Bradley showed a glimmer of that potential last year, but nothing to shout about, and this year he's gone backwards, so he needs to stay in Moto2, along with Redding, until he can actually drag his arse onto some regular podiums. He's never going to do that, because he doesn't have the commitment of a racer, wet or dry, he doesn't need to do anything, he's already stitched Herve up into a 2 year deal.

If Sir'B' was a Spaniard, Italian, or Ozzy, with a big fat Zero of podiums this year, his 2nd year in Moto2, and don't tell me he's going to get on the podium tomorrow, or at Valencia, then you would all be slagging him off and saying that 'he's not fit/entitled to have a ride on an M1 for two years in MotoGP'. So everybody's standing up for Smith, the under-achiever. You've got a third of the posters, slagging Rossi off, god knows how many rubbishing Stoner, and the rest are slagging everybody off, but a Brit that's done nothing the whole season, warrants everybody's support and a 2 year deal on an M1, not even just a 1 year deal. He won't podium in 3 years of racing, and you call that a career and a promising Brit????

There's a lot of proven racers, that's had a record better than Smith's, over the years, but I can't think of one that's been gifted a 2 year deal in MotoGP on a 'near as damn it' factory bike. Why not give him a deal on a  CRT?.    

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

eerrrr

brad smith always strong start then fade no balls. rides well when he has too like contract time. redding should have that tech 3 ride all day long.. rredding has earned the rite to be in the top class. brad has done NOTHING

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices