Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow third as Jorge Lorenzo lifts MotoGP crown MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow third as Jorge Lorenzo lifts MotoGP crown

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow third as Jorge Lorenzo lifts MotoGP crown

Cal Crutchlow gave himself an early 27th birthday present in Phillip Island this afternoon to claim his second premier class podium in an Australian Grand Prix that saw Jorge Lorenzo clinch a second MotoGP world title. Crutchlow celebrates his 27th birthday tomorrow (Monday) and he won’t be the only one partying in Australia after factory Yamaha rider Lorenzo finished second to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 October 2012 08:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

2012 champ

Jorge 2012 champ who defeated the 2013 hrc bikes!! double crown in 2012!!! amazing year Lorenzo congratulations to you and Yamaha!!!

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

gutted for Dani

well if the tire fiasco hadnt affected the 2012 HRC bikes then im pretty sure it would be a different name being carved into the trophy. Nonetheless congrats Jorge, consistency wins ya the prize. Stoner---man im gonna miss this guy for sure..as Lorenzo said : the greatest rider i have ever seen . hear hear!

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Dovi lost the battle ...

... but won the war to finish as the first non-factory rider in the championship in 4th place (43pts in front of Bautista in 5th). 

An excellent ride from Crutchlow and good to see him get another podium - hope he remembers to thank Dovi for taking valuable points away from Bautista and Bradl.

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

Stoner did not inherit the lead once Pedrosa crashed. He had already passed him as Pedrosa ran wide at Honda corner and Lorenzo was also going inside him when he decked it.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Well done

To Lorenzo for an amazing season winning the championship on the second best bike.
Yamaha need to up their game over the winter for sure.
Got to feel sorry for Pedrosa though he really did try all he could but these things happen when you push that hard.
Amazing performance from Stoner all weekend and a great win although the parade itself was pretty boring apart from the Dovi/Bautista/Bradl battle.
Interesting to hear Neil Spalding say how Rossi/Burgess have brought the bike to a better level than it was before.
I suppose all you Rossi knockers will disagree with someone that actually knows what he is talking about because you are blinded by hatred and envy.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Buell, if they put absolutely zero new parts into a machine, I would still expect that through learning by experience and via adjustments of existing variables (suspension, electronics etc) and riding styles/requirements, a team would ALWAYS have improved by the end of a season, if not, they probably should try another pastime.

Of course they've improved you dolt! But I'll bet Wosi's solitary shrivelled onion they could have done it for a fraction of what it has cost them and without the negative press they've attracted along the way.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Congratulations to Jorge and his 2nd MotoGP title but I would like to say super well done to Casey to win 6 in a row on your home circuit is a fantastic achievement in itself I for one am gonna miss him not being around in the paddock losing a huge talent like him is hard to take but he is one of my favourites and will always be.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

RidgeRacerHRCsays

gutted for Dani

well if the tire fiasco hadnt affected the 2012 HRC bikes then im pretty sure it would be a different name being carved into the trophy.

Well if Honda didn't introduce the 2013 rc213v i'm pretty sure Jorge had the title 5 races ago! seems Honda's 2013 prototype performed better on the new tyres than the M1. and Jorge still took the title.

Reply to this Topic
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Yet Again

Pedrosa comes apart like a cheap watch,he will never win the title and the sooner HRC put someone on that honda that can the better,whoops forgot he's spanish so comes under the protected species banner.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Bob

Just for your information I am referring to the pillocks that keep saying they have taken the bike backwards.
You know the types I am sure!

frank what planet are you on eh? Pedrosa only had one choice for that race and is exactly what he was doing.
What should he have done? Just sat back and let the other 2 go?
Another biased pillock.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices