Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow third as Jorge Lorenzo lifts MotoGP crown MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow third as Jorge Lorenzo lifts MotoGP crown

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow third as Jorge Lorenzo lifts MotoGP crown

Cal Crutchlow gave himself an early 27th birthday present in Phillip Island this afternoon to claim his second premier class podium in an Australian Grand Prix that saw Jorge Lorenzo clinch a second MotoGP world title. Crutchlow celebrates his 27th birthday tomorrow (Monday) and he won’t be the only one partying in Australia after factory Yamaha rider Lorenzo finished second to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 October 2012 08:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

Re: your assessment of Buelligan -  and you are 'something' then ??   What are the qualifications you have that make your views more valid than his ?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Agreed Hedgy

Ducati have in essence maintained the status quo to HRC and YMC during the last two years after a period of self induced stagnation. What they have missed 2010 / 2011 is an alien on board. They rather unfortunately thought they'd brought one in Rossi. Instead they were conned. Although to be fair to Rossi he himself did believe he was more than the one dimensional character he's been proven to be.

Stoner has thrown another beautiful barb out there in response to Rossi's petulant 'MotoGP is boring' comment. Check out;

http://superbikeplanet.com/2012/Oct/121027c.htm

If you're looking for a rider that epitomises this mythical 'playstation generation' of rider look no further than one V Rossi. His is the biggest electronic crutch in the paddock.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Err Saturn

being as you are one floating out there in never neverland you will not have noticed my comments are grounded in reality. Old Buelli is just another piece of yellow belly button lint - manky, without substance and pointless.

Do you and old Buelli share the same retirement home?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Stoner...

... what can you say... his 2010 qualifying time of 1:30.107 on an 800 Ducati would have put him on pole & his race time, only 7.8 seconds slower than this year, would still have won him the race (in almost identical conditions)... that's 30 seconds ahead of where Rossi put the 2012 version of the bike today at a circuit where he's had 5 wins. A pure masterclass today as it was back then. Anybody still think he wouldn't have won if he'd stayed at Ducati?

Great, solid ride from Cal... congrats to Jorge on the title.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TheHoleshot

Oct 12

TheHoleshot says:

buelligan272

Your attempt at diverting from the question has made you look even more of a clueless plank. As if that was possible. Quit contradicting yourself but do answer the question .. Has Rossi not been able to develop the bike with the tremendous input of Ducati's money? Or have Ducati not helped out all all? You seem to think both.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Laughable

Well done Casey awesome rider, again showing that when the stars aline your the fastest on the planet.

Got to laugh though, some of the condicending tits that post on here,  and slag others off with the belief their views a factual and are not just there opinions.

Nostro , you claimed that Stoner would dominate this year, that it was his brilliance that took him to all those wins last year, nothing to do with jumping on the sorted Honda, the key ingredient he was missing with Ducati.

I predicted at the start of the season, that this year would be very even and a close battle between the aliens with the wins shared around,and the Lorenzo would win the title because IMO he is the best around package.  The change to 1000cc would level the machinery out.

One race to go , title won, Lorenzo 6 wins Pedrosa 6 wins and Casey 5,  The scoffed and mocked the used big words to sound clever, CCB knows nothing etc.

You favour Stoner mate, end of, you discredit  others to make him look better than he is , and talk nonsense about Rossi and the piss poor Duke.

When Rossi gets on the Yamaha he will be back at the sharp end, not because im a Rossi fanboy, because unlike you, im not blinkered by the love of one rider.

P.S congrats Casey will miss you at your best, and enjoy your retirement.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh Buel

I brought it up for exactly the reason I answered Bob but maybe you missed that.

Why? No-one had mentioned Rossi, this is a thread about winning, not riders who were 40 seconds behind.

Regardless of what Spalding may or may not know, how you can say they are in a better situation with the bike now than they were before I do not know. I love blind optimism. How you can say ''without hany help from Ducati'' I don't know. They have tried everything he asked for haven't they? He's had 4 alloy frames on the GP12, the last of which he rejected and still you say they do nothing. That's as many as Stoner had in 4 years, not counting the GP11 variations.

Last year was wet, so no comparison but, if you like stats, which most Rossi fans seem to, in 2010 Stoner won on the Ducati 8.5s ahead of Lorenzo, same margin as today. Rossi on the M1 and Hayden on the GP10 were 18s behind Stoner - this year they were right together again but 40 seconds behind Stoner.

Stoner's fastest lap today was 3/10 better than 2010 but Lorenzo's was the same. Hayden was 7/10 slower on the new improved GP12 than he was on the GP10.

Sorry, just can't see where the improvement is.

My comment about Abraham was intended to do what it did and put you spinning on the ceiling.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Crutchlow

Can be proud of his season too, sure he's made mistakes, said afew daft things and lost his away a little at times. But he's never let it wavier his inner belief and is getting stronger all the time.

If Yamaha keep giving machinery thats something the Factory bikes,  i can see him getting more podiums again next year

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

CCB you halfwit. If you're going to quote me, then directly quote me with a link. Don't just make up stories to suit your yellow bellied agenda. I said nothing of the sort. I have far too much respect for the abilities of Lorenzo and Pedrosa. This year has borne out just how equal these three are, although Lorenzo has proven himself to be just a touch more equal 2012.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Crutchlow

Now that the title is decided I think it's a real shame that Yamaha don't let him have Spies bike for the last race

Instead they're going to waste it as on previous occassions, on someone who will be lapping with the CRT bikes. What's the point?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices