Ask an Expert front wheel drag Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > front wheel drag

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

davidstowe358

Jun 08

front wheel drag

I have a 2009 hayabusa, now should i expect the front wheel to drag slightly or should it spin completely freely with calipers in place. it has new brembo disc's new brembo pads and the calipers have been completely serviced with new seals and new brake fluid.   

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 October 2012 10:05)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

drag

Your wheel should spin free providing your bearings are ok,you may be able to hear a very slight noise if your checking before a ride out.

Best thing to do is go for a ride and not use the front brake then stop (with the back brake) and feel the front discs for heat.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

"slightly"

Very slight drag is normal, pads don't tend to retreat far enough to completely clear the discs, (a lot of mechanical advantage = not much travel), a very light brushing contact is okay- it won't spin on as free as say a bicycle wheel..

There should be no pulsing, and absolutely no drag you can feel when trickling around or pushing the bike.  Perhaps someone could give a definitive guide to haw long it should spin on when given a decent flick, I'm not happy if I can't get a wheel to spin on a bit.

Did the full service involve cleaning the pistons and rubber greasing the seals?

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

brakes

also make sure there isnt too much fluid in the master cylinder as when hot it can cause the brakes to bind.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle