You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > New rider > Kawasaki Ninja 300 vs 250r

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

McCabage

Aug 12

McCabage says:

Kawasaki Ninja 300 vs 250r

250r has been a great starter bike for years or so I've read, now with the new 300 I'm wondering if it is worth saving up the extra money and getting the 300 since it will take longer to get bored of it. 

However there is also the issue of the fact it will likely be brought new and you always drop your first bike, ABS would be worth getting I think but you can live without it [right?] 

So is the extra 50cc and £1k + worth it? I want the Bike for uni and getting around Manchester, the Uni I want to go to is right next to Piccadilly Station but I will be wanting to get around and I want a bike rather than a car. 

Thanks for any advice / help 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 October 2012 12:17)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike choice

Any new bike will be a target for theives in a city centre and, as you rightly say, the chances of dropping your first machine are higher.  Go for something more modest that is not a target for being nicked and that you won't be lamenting over if it gets damaged.  Once you have finished Uni you can go for something better.    

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices