Skip to content

General '40mph in a 60' numpties. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > '40mph in a 60' numpties.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

'40mph in a 60' numpties.

When is someone going to crack down on the '40mph in a 60' numpties? I think they've been persuaded that they're the safest drivers by the "Speed Kills" lobby but that's nonsense. Their incompetence causes congestion, it frustrates other drivers and encourages desperate overtakes. Of those I've seen lately most still couldn't turn the wheel fast enough to avoid dangerously straddling the centre line, many dab the brakes every time they see an oncoming car, one had no reaction at all when I could see the pheasant a mile off, poor thing, and hills didn't elicit a response so the chain of 30-odd cars behind bunched up even more as the speed reduced further. Then when we drive through built-up areas the familiarity of pavements, schools and driveways seems to reassure them and they keep going when you'd expect them to slow.

I'm all for obeying 30mph limits and I see nothing wrong with 100mph plus on a quiet dual carriageway but something should be done about these dozy drivers. Deputise riders to administer justice, perhaps! What do you think? Any more examples?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 October 2012 19:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

I've just got back from Casablanca

If you want to see shite driving that's your place!

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

The strange thing about ..

these 40 in a 60 types is that they all know me!!!!When I eventually overtake them they always flash their lights to say hello so I always give them a wave back.:smile

Reply to this Topic
batmansassistant

Nov 12

'40mph in a 60' numpties.

Try 30 in a 60, then when he got onto the 30 road like your mate must have been encouraged by the sight of paths and people, he sped up to 40 just in time for the speed camera, quality.

Reply to this Topic
Valko

May 12

Valko says:

just stay cool

the worst think that can happen is if your driving style gets affected by other drivers, as they say do not do emotional driving or riding.

On the 40 in 60 zones - it can be annoying and also its free country, as soon they drive in the proper lane try to stay away from Volvos and such :lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices