Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island

The forthcoming Valencia MotoGP test can’t come soon enough for Valentino Rossi after his penultimate appearance for Ducati in Australia yesterday proved to be another humbling experience. The Italian will be back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 at the Valencia test where he will begin the journey of trying to prove that at 33 he is still fast enough to fight...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 07:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dear Mr Rossi...

Please explain to me how, as a 9 times world champion, on the 2012 version of the bike you asked to be developed, at a circuit you won at 5 times (you were the King of Philip Island in better times) you were almost half a minute slower than a 1 time champion on the 2010 version of the bike in almost identical conditions, who at the start of the race had only 3 wins in the MotoGP class there?... in fact your race time was slower than every race of Stoner's since his 1st win on the Ducati there... Capirossi, on the 2007 Ducati was almost 20 seconds faster than you... Carlos Checa was 25 seconds quicker than you on the 2005 Ducati... & Hayden was 10 secs inside your race time also in 2010. In fact no lead Ducati rider has been slower to do the 27 race laps (in the dry) than you on the 2012 Ducati, round one of your favourite circuits, since 2003.

MCN - "Progress had been minimal..."... Progress is supposed to indicate improvement... are you sure you've been taking this bike in the right direction?

Regards

H5

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Hedge

It's all about tyres. You had them to suit the bike back then, now you have to suit the bike to the tyres, which is a whole new ballgame.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Firebird...

The control tyre was introduced in 2009 I think... ?... & I don't think you're suggesting that bikes were, in general, faster in 2005 than they are now... let alone that a 9 times world champion should be slower than a group of riders with, at the time, only 2 MotoGP titles between them (most of whom were descibed as struggling with the Ducati).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

AND THEN THERE WERE TWO...

And next season,instead of three winner`s,we will just have two. And a pretty paltry assemblage of rider`s on competetive machinery as well. All hail the expensive and rare as rocking horse shit 4-stroke`s. And thankyou to all the other manufacture`s, who arrived in their drove`s,to join in this exciting new class of Moto GP ! Well done to Mr.expletive and his love child,{ give me more electronic aid`s },where would we be without them? Thank fck Sky will be taking over as tv provider in the not to distant future!        Casey got out just in time,and not because of money or because he wasn`t the best rider,by a distance. No,he unlike most, could see where this class is heading.Ofcourse,there are still those who will stay in this class,even if their no-hoper`s,just for the money,in many cases. Now we will see if expletive can fck up World Super`s as well?  I think we all know the answer to that one!

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

why does rossi get so much stick on here.yeah its been a disaster at ducati for him but that hasnt been all his fault.that ducrapi has been getting gradualy worse since stoner won the title on it.on those grounds these ppl who blame rossi for it being crap need to also lay the blame at stoners feet as he was the lead rider on its initial fall from grace.in my opinion though it is the factory that is to blame for the bike as they are to pug headed and slow to change the direction of the bike.rossi still having the same issues as he had when he joined indicates a lack of ability and desire from ducati to create a race winner.a rider can only explain the problems not fix them that is the factories job.yamaha had severe problems when rossi joined he told them what was wrong and they sorted the bike.at 33 rossi could retire from the sport but instead he keeps going because he loves the sport unlike stoner who leaves the sport in his prime when the sport needs its stars the most (i am not a stoner hater he is possibly the naturally fastest rider ever and has a young family so cant blame him for doing it but if it was rossi ppl would slag him off for it big time)without exaggerating motogp wouuld probably be finished by now without rossi and ppl seem to forget that

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

I agree it's not all Rossi's fault. Ducati have to accept some of the blame for lack of progress. I do think Rossi could do better on the thing though. If the 'upgrades' haven't been forthcoming though, why should he bother.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A rather long winded header

'Valentino Rossi outpaced' perfectly encapsulates the advancement of other riders beyond the means of Uncle Carmelo's favourite nephew.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Bartman

Get a grip

Ducati have no desire to create a race winner...??? You mean they've spent millions just for fun

yamaha had severe problems when rossi joined he told them what was wrong and they sorted the bike

Utter and complete bollocks - do some research

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

Are you reading this - do it before you accuse me of talking bollocks again

Rossi is unlikely to shed any tears when he gets to cast off the struggling Desmosedici GP12, which he told MCN in Phillip Island was a bike still riddled with the same issues he had when he first tested for the Bologna factory at the end of 2010.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi

has been a complete failure at Ducati. Ducati have bent over backwards to accommodate his wishes of turning the Desmo into a Yamaha and having almost done that he has run out of excuses. At first it was his shoulder, then it was the crankshaft being too light, then when that didn't work, he decided it was the CF chassis and had Ducati fabricate an aluminium one, a la Yamaha!, that made no difference either!New this and new that, everyones fault but his. He is, as everyone, well all Rossi fans at least, never cease to point out, the GOAT, a 9 times world champion, well why is it if he is that good, that he is only riding the bike at the same level as Nicky Hayden, Hector Barbará or even, at times Karl Abraham? His performaces during 2 years, apart from 1 at Mugello, have been a disgrace, on a bike that, if, Stoner was riding it or someone not afraid to push it, should be at least be up the front somewhere, not languishing it 6th or 7th or 8th place. Rossi must have been the biggest disappointment imaginable to Ducati who have spent millions making his changes and for no end result. He has been a fraud, in my opinion. Well, it will be interesting to find out if all Rossi's woes are resolved next year or not, as may happen. I personally think he is in for a big shock and may find indeed that "the grass is not always greener on the other side"!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dovi and Spies will push the Desmo for sure and perhaps then we will see what the real potential is rather than having someone coasting round. Ciao

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle