Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island

The forthcoming Valencia MotoGP test can’t come soon enough for Valentino Rossi after his penultimate appearance for Ducati in Australia yesterday proved to be another humbling experience. The Italian will be back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 at the Valencia test where he will begin the journey of trying to prove that at 33 he is still fast enough to fight...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 07:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

surprised ??

is anyone surprised he was outpaced, hasnt it been that way for most of the last 2 yrs.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I suppose it's a step too far to suggest that it is the ducati that is outpaced?? Did Rossi win only a couple of races before he got on it.. Couldn't be that could it?? We'll know soon enough and I'm pretty sure where the smart money is and it's not on here...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The Ducati is a piece of shit..end of.

They are too proud to admit that Casey Stoner was the reason their bike got the results it did.

His results went backwards..but it was Casey, not the bike?

HaHaHa..Casey is fast but confused..HaHaHa..he'll be OK next weekend..

Personally, I think the Germans need to be sending out P45's rather than Christmas cards.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

BCB

Getting your Dovi excuses in early I see. Shame you've stooped to the banal grunting language of the Oompa Loompa's.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Wind your neck in ...

... the Ducati is what it is - and whatever it is, it isn't very good at all. Is it?

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

updates

Rossi has had all these updates like new chassis, swingarms ect ect,  how many chassis has Honda tested to Ducati in the past 2 years, how many swingarms ?. Thought so. 

It's not all Ducati's fault though as Rossi could try to earn those millions he gets for the past couple of years but all those years being king of GP he maybe don't think it's worth the risk on a non competetive bike.  I dont think thats the correct way to be but it's not like he's not the top Ducati rider come race day.

All the bullshit stops come 12th Nov. Rossi only needs to compare himself with Lorenzo and Pedrosa next year as they are this years top dogs even if Stoner was not out those last few races.  Well Lorenzo at least anyway.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

failure eh nostro

After the pathetic abuse you spouted yesterday I wonder why I even bother to respond!

He has failed for one main reason only...the Ducati.
You and plenty others rate De Puniet and I suppose you already know but he went as quick on his CRT as he did on the Ducati last year.Now why would that be I wonder.
You reckon Rossi is finished but a few races ago he finished only a few seconds behind the leader on a bike that has inherent set up problems and serious handling issues so how do you reckon when he jumps on a bike that he can set up and is probably the best handling bike on the grid that he will still be finishing in the same positions as this year?
You and a few others are going to eat your words next season and you will deserve all you get.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

+1 Buelli ...

... Ducati have always been the problem.

Read the remarks made by some of the older former world champion's - both Stoner and Rossi have come to the exact same conclusion about Ducati.

Dovi and Audi are the future.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

BCB

When Dovi gets on the Ducati, it will be the same as when Ross first got on it, 'oh shit, what have I done'. At least this time Audi will kick some butt to get the results and we won't be seeing Preziosi's smug face until they do.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ducati

A piece of shit, a turd, quick as mud? Not accurate at all is it? We'll not know how good or otherwise it is for sometime I suspect. But when a mid pack rider like Rossi can put it on the podium (albeit under very advantageous Misano conditions) you just know there's a very good motorcycle there. The rest of the Duke riders, also where you'd expect them to be regardless of their steed. 

2013 there's a little more hope (outside of Hayden) which should see better results than the last two years, but unfortunately Corse don't have an alien (or even a Marquez, same thing perhaps) to push the thing to the 'eenth degree. Rossi has done Corse immeasurable reputations damage through his mediocrity. Just listen to all you deluded false idol worshippers. 

Buelli, you're like that fool CCB trying to put words in my mouth. His girlfriend is all I rate about Randy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices