Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island

The forthcoming Valencia MotoGP test can’t come soon enough for Valentino Rossi after his penultimate appearance for Ducati in Australia yesterday proved to be another humbling experience. The Italian will be back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 at the Valencia test where he will begin the journey of trying to prove that at 33 he is still fast enough to fight...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 07:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

You should know better, you've been on this forum long enough to know that this isn't quite the truth

. hedge what im saying is on a bike that wasnt a contender he with a team of ppl managed to tune it from as he described it a midfield bike and they as a whole turned it into a great bike

The bike he was given was a new bike - a new chassis and a new engine which was actually based on feedback from Barros. It was nothing like the 2003 midfield bike that didn't have what you'd call a 'proven' winner on it either. It was already well developed and fast - a fact verified by the test rider before Rossi even saw it.

What Rossi had was the skill to use it and win

Bart:

(research done)

Not quite - see above.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

The truth

is, there's only going to be Valencia and then testing. If Ducati think these last 2 years have been negative, to say the least, I can't believe so many posters on here, can automatically put 90% of the blame onto Rossi.

The next one after him to throw his leg over that Desmo-ditchit, that's new, is Dovi, Dovi didn't convert too well from Honda to the Yam, so his ability to adapt to the Duke, is going to be one big problem. Spies, he should be in WSB, we've seen what he's done on the Yam. Nicky, well there's Nicky, we know what he does, and lastly there's Iannone, he'll be fast and most likely, the biggest of the crashers, so development input from the 'new three', confused, they will be, but taking Rossi and putting him back on the M1, can you seriously think, he's not going to be at the sharp end. I think he's got a good chance, next year, when they go into the mid season break, that Rossi will be in the top 3.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

CCB...

Again I agree... it's when people credit Rossi with skills he quite clearly doesn't merit that I comment. It's pretty much the answer to my original question... the 30 second gap between 2010 & 2012 bikes I found remarkable though... & the fact that a whole host of other Ducati riders who struggled to achieve anything on it (the career wrecker?) were also considerably faster over the 27 laps than he was this weekend... including Hayden in 2010.

Stoner's been derided for his win-or-bin attitude... do you think he'd have got a factory Honda ride with Rossi's results? He did the only thing he could do... & since then he's had one, over enthusiastic race crash.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

de rided?

Ive never de rided Stoner for his win or bin attitude, if thats what it took to compete , fair play.

I just think it puts the whole Ducati issue in perspective, as soon as he threw his leg over the Honda, he became super consistent and removed any doubts i had over him as a rider. It became clear the bike was holding him back.

If just cant understand why people now want to blame Rossi for its continued failure. the bike wasnt a winner, Casey was and made it look better than he should have.( and Rossi fell for it)

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

CCB...

You said... "The win or bust style of his is breath taking but can also hide the truth of how poor a bike is ,but also explains the reason for only two titles IMO"

OK... not derision... but we know it was his only way out of the Ducati trap & we know he's had one proper race crash since moving... so we can say he probably would win more titles if he wasn't leaving?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

exactly CCB

Yep that's more or less how it went.
I am sure deep down you know why they want to blame Rossi.
They do not like him.They are jealous and envious because he is one of the greatest ever.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Why they blame Rossi?

Perhaps this and many comments like it from his fanbase are why

yamaha had severe problems when rossi joined he told them what was wrong and they sorted the bike

If a bike's success is because of his direction, then so too must it's failure?

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

The Ducati is a turd ...

... and Ducati respond at the speed of mud - to blame Rossi is to ignore the obvious.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So Buelligan

Let us read your thoughtful balanced perspective on just why Rossi has been a complete abject failure during his two year Corse tenure. A period in which unprecedented amounts of euro dosh were thrown at almost every Rossi whim(per).

Bearing in mind Stoner ran no faster 2011 than he did 2010 (all very provable as I've had to do on a couple of previous occasions),  and the GP10 which Rossi inherited and obtained his best results (albeit in almost identical GP11 guise) was a multiple winner.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Championships..

Stoner came third this year because he doesn't do seasons, he does wins..

He had his 25pt failure, same as the others, but it was HIS fault.

The next race he blobbed it..then he wrote himself off under presssure. Two-thirds gone, 32pts behind JL..trailing his team mate!!

This is the story of Casey. Fast, but fragile..the same as Freddie.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices