Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi outpaced in Phillip Island

The forthcoming Valencia MotoGP test can’t come soon enough for Valentino Rossi after his penultimate appearance for Ducati in Australia yesterday proved to be another humbling experience. The Italian will be back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 at the Valencia test where he will begin the journey of trying to prove that at 33 he is still fast enough to fight...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 07:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

nostro rossi is a grid filler at the moment and maybe will continue to be when hes back on the yamaha but he is still the biggest draw in that paddock. and still keeps people watching to see what happens with him.whether you like his personality or not his flamboyancy has kept the sport alive for many years now.any grid needs genuine characters and money bringers on the grid especially when the racing is so poor at the moment.and before you start thinking its just cus im a rossi fan it isnt its because im a moto go fan and with casey stoner leaving moto gp needs rossi to be successful next year otherwise it could be all over for motogp unless some real characters get a chance in the big class.theres more to being a great than just what happens on track

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Grid Fillers

Nostro, Let's get to the bottom of it - you've never answered the questions about why you dislike Rossi so much.

So you don't think Rossi deserves to be a 9 times world champion because he cheated the system ?   Answer please.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bartman

The big issue for me isnt Rossi keeping people interested in GP racing with his clowning arround and personality , it how to improve the standard of racing.

I personally think this year has highlighted how competitve so of the so called grid fillers can be if given a half decent bike. The tech three team are a brillant example of that and Crutchlow in particular.

Dovi was a proven force so it was no surprise to see how well he's gone. But Cals been right at the sharp end all year, challenging for poles etc. How many people would have bet on that this year.

Theres alot of talented lads out there but not enough bikes to go round.

If its a competitive race series we want, technical restrictions with budgets set across the board that are in the range of satelite teams is required. so theres more than just six bikes on the grid with any chance of winning.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I know the prototype purists are against it but the only way back is to create a Moto1 type class running same rules as Moto2 that will sort the men out from the boys and give so-called grid fillers a chance to show their mettle on a competitive machine.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Can only agree saturn

Its finding a way that the manufacturers will agree to also.  Max powerout put? control ecu's ? then at least its not a one make series (honda engines in moto 2) 

Im sure Rossi , stoner, Lorenzo etc would still be top of the pile anyway ,but maybe not as dominant.

We spend hours arguing over whos the best rider, but the top four there really isnt alot to seperate them other than the equipment there on. Spies was supposed to be the best of the rest and look whats happened to him.

Same reason for my feeling Rossi's still got it in him, the factor that changed his fortunes was the bike.

Time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

car cleaner i agree but until the class is made into a more level playing field the sport does need a personality of rossis nature in it because to keep the sport alive it needs people watching and lets be fair the racing hasnt been very good for a fair few years now.somebody needs to sit the manufacturers down and that includes the likes of suzuki kawasaki aprillia and bmw and get a plan worked out to even things up.things like a controlled base chassis something where they all start the same an its upto them to create the best bike from it.thats just something off top of my head.they need to do away with this engine ruling as edwards said it cost nothing to build an engine the cost is in the development and to make 6 engines last a season costs more than a new engine every race.do away with electronics these guys are riders not passengers (harsh but fair i feel)all bikes should be level technology wise all hondas on grid identical all yams identical etc not getting parts 3 races after factory team.and no limit to how many bikes a factory can lease.and even a weight penalty for a race win

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

and although this would never work it would make things very interesting instead of having riders on contracts as such implement a system similar to the nfl draft

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Fair enough Bartman

Its the factories that need convincing. They're not interested in how good the racing is, its about showing how much better their product is than the rest and the one with the biggest budget generally wins.

It will happen soon IMO anyway, as to what level who knows? Stoner walked away because of the constant chopping and changing  and Rossi moaning too. it needs stablizing ASAP. and not just to suit the whims of the richest or the most powerful ( teams or riders)

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's the way ladies

stick your fingers in your ears and go 'la, la, la'. Place all the blame at the door of Ducati Corse and exonerate your fallen sun god completely. Mr "I can't  (not won't, CAN'T) ride it like Stoner" Mr "I hope to compete with Pedrosa" ha, ha I loved that one. Mr 'Stoner and Lorenzo are riding better than me". Mr "I don't know I'm not an engineer" Mr 'It's better, it's worse" The king of contradiction.

The man himself is much more honest in his assessment than you lot will ever be. Rossi is a one trick pony that needs all the electronic assistance a top shelf MM ECU can provide, and still he can't make that Ducati horsepower machine go fast. Everything he asked for Ducati provided - well until senior Ducati mgmt finally woke up to the fact further investment in this clown was a dead loss cause.

Rossi's manipulative machiavellian days are now behind him. I doubt even his dodgy Uncle Caramello Bars will be able to help him now. He's been tested and found wanting. Grid filler.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Must like yourself Nostro

A supposed fountain of knowledge of all thing motorcycling , now exposed as a bitter old twat with a stoner crush and hatred for Ross,i and full of shit.

Read the last few posts on afew threads and you'l find some of us actually discussing biking matters in a civil manner. We may not be 100% right or even agree all the time , but can do it without the vile and childish shite you seem so hell bent on spouting all the time.

So when Casey failed to deliver a title for three straight years was he shit? a grid filler? past it? or was it the Ducati couldnt give him the bike he needed? send your answer to the rest of us already know.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle