Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo celebrates ‘tough’ second MotoGP world title MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo celebrates ‘tough’ second MotoGP world title

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo celebrates ‘tough’ second MotoGP world title

Jorge Lorenzo said his battle to win a second MotoGP world title in 2012 was ‘tougher than anyone can imagine’ after a second place in yesterday’s Australian Grand Prix secured him the championship with one race remaining. After main rival Dani Pedrosa tumbled out of the lead at Turn 4 on lap two, Lorenzo only needed to finish 13th to lift...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 07:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Oh so tough

Jorge would make a half decent politician considering the "thoughtful" nonsense he spouts. A tough year ? Really. No Vale, Casey out for 3 races, Spies like a man off, leaving Dani the permanent member of staff at Honda who proves annually he hasn't got "it". His first world title was won when Vale was injured and we all know Stoner would have totally smoked him this season had he remained uninjured so enjoy your "tough" victory Jorge. MotoGP is dying a death but maybe Marquez and a fast Vale can inject some competition at the front. Great flourish from Cal yesterday.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Congratulations Jorge

Congratulations Jorge on winning this years Moto GP championshjp.A worthy champion regardless of what any body says.The Spartan is victorious after a very hard fought championship.

As for Dani,bad luck,almost but not quite.

As for Casey the same applies,I will miss him next year.He is truelly ONE of Moto GPs all time greatest riders.

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Superhuman Jorge

Congratulations Jorge on a perfect season and a deserved Championship! When a bad day for you is 2nd it's going to be nearly impossible for anyone to beat you. Now just do the same again next year. Klacto I don't see how you can say Stoner would have smoked him if he remained uninjured since if I remember correctly wasn't Jorge already 30ish points ahead of him before the accident? And that was after the race when Bautista took Lorenzo out. Plus if stoner didnt get injured all that would have happened would have been him and Dani take points off each other at every round. This season the best man won and no one can argue with that.

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

Steve Day, the replacement Eurosport comentator, noted at the MotoGP race at Sepang that George had a 70% podium rate for all the MotoGP race he started.  I don't think any of the modern MotoGP competitors can match that.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

and you can see the faggot tribute to Lorenzo from Motogp on Youtube.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Jorge says..

This year was very tough, tougher than anyone can imagine.

Obviously far too tough for Klacto and Luckskua to imagine. But then the confines of their living rooms and their T.V screens must make it extremely difficult to envisage a real world of hard nosed competitive racing action at the highest level. Twats.

Jorge has been brilliant this year. All the others made significant mistakes. He made not one. No one is worthier 2012. Well done Jorge.

Reply to this Topic
Ozzie3

Dec 04

Ozzie3 says:

Fantastic Performance

Congrats to Jorge for his well deserved second title.Finishing first or second in all but one race in a season shows incredible consistancy and thats what won him the title.If he hadnt been taken out at Assen I daresay he would have wrapped it up last week. I have to admit that Pedrosa has ridden better this season then the rest of his careeer but again his consistancy let him down and thats what makes a champion.

But I expect the arm chair knockers will have to have there say.

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Dear nostrodamus,

I am not a twat, I am a person expressing a viewpoint. Whether, ozzie, that opinion is from an armchair or not is irelevant.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Titles are the true measure of greatness for all racers. Congrats on a hard fought title Jorge. ps you bike needs work for next year..

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Honda Rules OK?

There's no doubt that the Honda is the best bike.

Lorenzo started the year strongly but, 'Dani's Misano Misery' aside, you've got to go back to Mugello (Round 9) to find a Yamaha/Lorenzo victory. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices