Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

Casey Stoner’s love affair with the spectacular Phillip Island track continued yesterday when he romped to a stunning sixth successive victory on home soil.The Repsol Honda rider could not have scripted his farewell appearance in front of a record breaking crowd any better as he led from the second lap to finish close to 9.5s clear of newly crowned world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 08:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

The definition of dominance

Casey's Phillip Island stats are mind-boggling.  In his six seasons in MotoGP he has never been beaten and has led 160 out of 162 race laps.  I thought this year he may struggle after his injury, but he never looked like being beaten all weekend.

Dani would have been better served by following Casey and trying to disrupt Lorenzo's race, but he had some mad idea that he could get in front and use Casey as a buffer.  Fat chance of that.

One more race and then a rather lacklustre silly season, I'm afraid.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Way to early

I think Dani went into that race with the right mindset and attitude. He just showed his cards way too early. Maybe one or two laps of patience would of been ideal choice... oh well no ifs and buts in motor racing. As Dani said. It is what it is.... Bring on Valencia, as Stoner will be pushing for his "46th" Victory (Rossi Number ;).

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Super well done to Casey to win six in a row on your home circuit is something to be proud of you will always be remembered for your riding skill which others would dream of doing.

All the best in your retirement enjoy it.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Stoner was awesome yesterday, no doubt ‘King of the Island’ and his riding style will be missed next year. JL ‘Mr Consistent’ was deserved champion, but hard luck to Dani, definitely his best season in the class. All that’s left really in Valencia is to sort out the final standings for 5th, 6th and 7th. I’ll be glad to see the season end, don’t think anyone can say it’s been a classic.
Then let’s get on with the first test and hope next year is much better.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Outstanding

display of how to caress that bike around the track. We were there and no one else was even in the hunt. Every lap he was widening the gap. But why would Jorge push he had it in the bag once Pedrosa was out. Motorcycling Australia should be doing more to support there up and coming riders to ensure the spectacle that was Phillip Island remains with more young Australians coming into world scene. At this stage it,s all done out of there own pocket , the frist step just getting to europe as Casey did 12 years ago, selling the lot to follow a dream.  Your Parents had balls mate , hats off to you.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

I actually saw some 'personality' from Stoner at P.I. yesterday!! If only he'd been like that after his many race victories I'm sure he'd have a few more fans. I'll be sad to see him go.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Superb

Display of bike control this weekend by Casey, how he can jump on his second bike and go half a scend faster straight away was breathtaking.

It will be the sports loss when he walks away after the next race. A dont agree with other opinion that he's the greatest ever though. The fastest maybe but lacking in other areas.

Still not many people get to be a duel world champion. and once you have  won something the desire burns a little less.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Stoner

What more can you say about Casey after clinching his 6th victory in a row at his home track? Amazing, and that would be an understatement!!!!!!! I'll bet that he could have won this race on the Desmo, if he had been riding it, instead of the "fraud" that Rossi has turned out to be. Would love to see him come back on the Desmo, even if it was only some wild card entries!! Just have to keep dreaming I guess!! Lol!11 Ciao

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

IMO stoner will be remembered like spencer fast but fickle, and when we look back in 10-20yrs we will talk of the rossi, lorenzo era

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So what you're saying Eddl

is Spencer is forgotten and that the early mid eighties was the Roberts / Lawson era? I suggest you read more motorcycle racing literature. Fast Freddie is still held in awe by many of those lucky enough to witness him live. I see Stoner being no different in this regard.

Stoner ruled the 800 era. Only the barely cognisant yellow bellies will see Stoner as anything less.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices