Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

Casey Stoner’s love affair with the spectacular Phillip Island track continued yesterday when he romped to a stunning sixth successive victory on home soil.The Repsol Honda rider could not have scripted his farewell appearance in front of a record breaking crowd any better as he led from the second lap to finish close to 9.5s clear of newly crowned world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 08:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

shit hot

casey...who,ll be lighting the tracks up next year.

Reply to this Topic
ambushed61

Nov 10

ambushed61 says:

I'LL BE BACK .

I can't see Stoner staying away from motogp indefinately, Iam sure he'll be back . Mike Hailwood left bike racing for 11yrs then proceeded to win a TTrace on his 1st year back and he was 38 !!!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Casy Stoner is

Of the same genes of Spencer , Sheene , Hailwood and Rainey , sorry if I missed out anyone's great favourites but they are mine , Hailwood did a Stoner and walked away , I respect Casey's decision it proves money is not his drive and I believe his reasons to be honourable,! Good luck to him , he is awesome and should be proud for the rest of his days , we can all think if only !

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Clockcleaningboy, a serious question for you, one I've asked many times without an answer.

Is it wise for DORNA etc to invest in Flo as the future of the series?

Given his recent results, his lack of input into future riders and his time left etc and maybe my view that he is solely there to promote the 46 brand, I think it's ludicrous to think it's a viable risk.

His popularity has sponsors clambering to sponsor ONLY him which gives HIM leverage for more money and better equipment. ONLY when another competitor triumphs against these arguably unfair advantages do we see those other riders (sometimes) getting some help. He dragged those advantages into the series before any of the current riders were competing (talented riders, not Colin Dullwards et al) and it makes it infinitely more difficult for newcomers to succeed. I shake my head when I think about how many 'supertalents' have missed out because of his influence!

Hence my opinion that he's certainly made a 'show' of it, much to the disappointment of enthusiasts who want to see competitive motorcycle racing.

A lowbrow response will only serve to support my opinion, use your brain and give us a serious answer for once.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

bob

i agree so much. actually rossi already blocked stoner to yamaha. but fail to lorenzo. and he got kicked in the butt.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

BLOCKED

actually rossi success to block stoner again. with shit tyre and dorna ruling shit rules. well, isn't it sucks!!!!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bob Butlicka

You insult my handle so ive replied in kind;)

Waste of money or tempory measure? Rossi certainly isnt the future of moto GP and Dorna may well have  pulled the strings to get him a proven ride so he can try go out in a blaze of glory. It iMO had alot to do with Stoner retiring. Who else was going to challenge Lorenzo?? Pedrosa has surprised many by finally stepping up to the plate and consistently being competitive after years of Disappointing, but the wheels where already in motion by then.

The racing is getting duller every year and it may have been a knee jerk reaction to please the masses.

Its the lack of competitive bikes thats the real problem, hence why the top team wont give unproven riders the oppitunities they deserve. Do we want a proto type championship thats all about the bikes? a thats based on talent with cheaper and on more even machinery? i vote for the latter.

Some has to change,though and give the top rides to an aging superstar and nearly resigning a failed Yank because of his passport, doesnt bode well for the future of our sport.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"The dukes shyte always has been"

With Casey on board in 2010 it set a good enough time to have set pole & won the race this weekend in almost identical conditions... shyte maybe but in the right hands even the 2010 version would still be a winner... who knows what the 2012 version could have been capable of... of course Hayden's 2012 times are way off his 2010... that's progress. The fact you say it always has been makes his 2007 championship even more impressive!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Clockcleaningboy, glad you've given some thought to the issue!

Tying themselves to a 2 year deal only prolongs the agony while not addressing any of the issues that are killing the sport. We criticise Ducati but they are the only team pumping through new riders every year and providing a full brace of machinery (and always have) which is a big effort for a relatively small team. They didn't need Flo or Audi to achieve this in the past and I feel extremely pissed off that they have come out of this covered in shit.

A rider who finishes 7th and then 6th??? does not deserve the no.1 factory machine in the ANY class, we don't need the Colin Edwards's just like we didn't need Loris Capirossis hanging around like dags on a sheeps arse either! Now those leeches really fkn piss me off but it's Ezpeletas contract requirements and his determination to turn it into a fkn circus that are allowing it (and encouraging it) to continue.

There's absolutely no succession planning other than 'Mudguard' Carmello thickening his mattress with Flo Fanboys' money and that is painfully clear, it will be blatantly obvious when he and Flo vacate the building at around the same time. Flo is no innocent party to this either!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

hedgey?? keh?? as usual you take in what you want(or is it can?), In comparison to the competition is what your looking for,....which is the only thing that ever matters in competitive racing. the rest is just stats. Expect Casey to do well at Valencia, he has always done well once everyone else has finished fighting for the championship, some 40% of his wins have come after the title has already been decided and 83.33% of the time he was not involved in the battle for the title(odd stats for the greatest ever??).. His fans take his late season flourishes against the holiday makers as definitive proof he actually was the best rider that season and probably would have won it(no qualification necessary)... the more things change the more they stay the same.. Will be sorely missed no question but knows he's fucked if BS change the tyres as he was this year(even though they changed them back for honda) despite his teammate being the best rider in the 2nd half of the season. Riding round anything turned out to be another huge myth for his fans. .. Still haven't read a single article or comment on Stoners defence this season which is staggering, Rossi got hammered despite two serious injuries...simply no explanation for it without the word primadonna playing a prominent role. As for development of the duke.. well Casey only ever went backwards so you have to factor in a miracle turn around or black swan for him to be competitive a further two years down the line..Unlike you poor self casey knew he was fucked at ducati and promptly left(what does he know I hear his fans shout??) and went to honda where he mimicked his ducati career almost, he was 2nd in his 2nd ducati season so he actually went a bit better on the duke.. As so your keen on stats, there is considerably more chance of him being 4th on the honda next year than there every was of him getting better on the duke after spending more time on it...fact

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices