Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

Casey Stoner’s love affair with the spectacular Phillip Island track continued yesterday when he romped to a stunning sixth successive victory on home soil.The Repsol Honda rider could not have scripted his farewell appearance in front of a record breaking crowd any better as he led from the second lap to finish close to 9.5s clear of newly crowned world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 08:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"there is considerably more chance of him being 4th on the honda next year than there every was of him getting better on the duke after spending more time on it...fact"

Firstly fact & chance don't go together... do they?... there is a chance he would have been 4th yes... there is a chance if Rossi stayed with Ducati he'd win... slim... no facts.

There's a good chance he will score more points this year than JL scored last year for 2nd ("Expect Casey to do well at Valencia, he has always done well")... did JL drop to 4th this year or win? In other words, by your admission, there is a good chance he may score more points, with the same injury time off (but + 3 races carrying injury) & one race crash, than the guy who went on to become this year's world champ did last year. There is a good chance CS will win the same number of races this year as the other 2 (you said it) despite 3 races off for injury & 3 slow races carrying injury... he's 3rd despite being effectively ruled out of wins for 6 of the 18 races through injury... & on what you reckon it's the best bike on the grid you think there's considerably more chance of him being 4th next year...

:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Hi Huge.

What is it with you Rossi fans having a downer on Stoner?   Strange

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hi Cameron

I have a Stoner on Downer. 

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Big Six

Good going, Stoner. I did not anticipate it but loved it anyway. Would have probably made it 6 out of 6 at PI on Preziosi's 2010 bike aswell.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Valencia

I look forward to the race as do most. I'm looking even more forward to the Ricardo Tormo testing times to be honest. 2013 title and all up for speculation. No Stoner. That is Dorna hit for 6. Not out, but down,certainly,entering a season without their second biggest viewership rider drawcard.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Bob and Hedgey

As commendable as your attempts at defeating myopic buffoonery with reasoned fact and intelligence based argument are, you must surely realise, as I have, that it cannot defeat pure idiocy. Not on this site anyhow. These people have been brainwashed into thinking that Valentino Rossi is what history has since shown he isn't and the very real possibility that he'll start finishing higher than 7th (my guess is 3rd or 4th regularly) will only further empower these fools in their misguided belief. Just console yourselves in the knowledge that when VR leaves GP's so will a good portion of these imbeciles. They can't accept Casey Stoner because he has shattered the image of Rossi as an uber racer that was, to be fair, a smokescreen to the fact that he had everything shaped around him ie landing on the right bike at the right time, special race tyres flown in especially, able to break opponents mentally because they were fragile anyway etc etc. The fact is that when real opposition showed up he ran out of tricks and wasn't able to handle the pace. You both get 11 out of 10 for trying though :)

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MandyRamola

Truth is, Stoner is a one trick pony, Rossi's a one trick pony, Stoner's won a championship on Ducati and Honda, at 26 he's thrown the towel in, Rossi has got 9 championships, with Honda and Yamaha, after two fruitless years, at 33 years old, he goes back to Yamaha, puts a leg over the M1, with his sights set on his 10th championship title, and he's got next year to do it. I personally think he's got an 80% chance of achieving that, and the sport will be worse off without Stoner, and I for one, will be sorry to see him go.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

bob and car

bob : i SUPER AGREE with you comment. i think it wasn't rossi's fault at all, BUT ASSPELATA spoiled rossi too much that make him be like bitch. you know what italians to italians. they kill right man just to defend italian. LOL.

carcleaner : some part i agree. stoner isn't an entertainment rider. and his website is a joke. he never write it. honda cleaning service staff paid to done it. but from racing skill, rossi not above stoner for sure.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mandy...

... cheers for your concern. I guess I make my points because too many times I'd hear the same crap spouted by people I'd otherwise respect. Many years ago I'd go to the pub & you'd get "Did you see the race today, what Rossi did afterwards?" no mention of the race... most of them didn't know who came 2nd. They'd just listen to & believe the comentators who I'm sure mostly now hang around these forums.

Then Rossi started losing & it changed to "What about Rossi eh?"...

Now it's "Did you see the racing on Sunday?"... they're watching the actual racing! They know who's won the race, who came 2nd & 3rd & that other fella... the one in 7th... gets the sort of mention he deserves.

Hopefully, if & when he starts winning again it'll still be about the racing & we won't go back to the fooling about & fake attributes. He's joining a team with the championship winning bike so nothing to praise him for there. If he wins I won't be bleating that it's only because he's on the best bike like half the muppets on here... he'll thoroughly deserve it... I'll be enjoying the racing.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nice post Mandy

Bowl of corn.  I suspect your fingers were a bit too quick. You seem to have missed the decimal point preceding your 80% figure.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices