Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

Casey Stoner’s love affair with the spectacular Phillip Island track continued yesterday when he romped to a stunning sixth successive victory on home soil.The Repsol Honda rider could not have scripted his farewell appearance in front of a record breaking crowd any better as he led from the second lap to finish close to 9.5s clear of newly crowned world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 October 2012 08:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

mandy rossi also broke stoner mentally or did you forget that section of the 08 season.casey is quite possibly the fastest rider of all time but in my opinion lacked mental toughness when it comes to real close battles and racecraft.now dont take that out of context im not saying he completely lacked it.stoner just was lucky enough to be blessed with the ability and mentality to get on any bike and make it go fast straight away others havnt and rossi is one of them he wasnt always the fastest on track but when he wasnt he had the ability to get into peoples head look at all the great battles of the last decade 90 % involved rossi and 90% of the time hwe won and that is all part of being a true great.you need more than just outright soeed to win titles thats why rossi is a 9 times world champion and stoner is a double world champion

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

SPENCER was the most naturally talented fastest rider there ever will be.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Bartman

Did Rossi "break" Stoner '08? There's a lot to suggest this didn't happen, at best he scratched him a bit, possibly put a slight dent in that has been since been pulled out. He certainly broke Sete and Max, Max only really recovered when he landed the Aprilia WSB ride whereas Sete never recovered but this was possibly also because of the strong rumour at the time that David Beckham was servicing his missus, didn't know that did you? I'd say the evidence suggests that Rossi actually empowered and motivated Stoner if anything and '08 was more a case of the beginning of the end of the Rossi era that became more evident at Mugello '10, the mindfuck trick became less effective and the boys got wise to it.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

i shall rephrase it slightly stoner is the naturally fastest rider of this generation.and hailwood has got to be up there with them if not above them 11 years away he comes back and wins the tt.that is natural talent at its best

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

yes i think rossi did break stoner not in the way he broke max and sete but coming into laguna stoner was in the driving seat he had the momentum with him and all weekend was a second quicker than anybody and no1 was expecting to keep up with him i dont think even stoner expected a challenge then rossi pulled the pin and battled stoner into a mistake and it got into stoners head saying it was dangerous but it was hard racing from both sides all race.then 2 unforced errors in the following races whilst leading and giving rossi 5 wins on the bounce i think that classes as rossi getting in his head on some level.stoner is easy to get at in my opinion 07 he was untouchable and the same last season.08rossi put him off 09 and 10 the bike wasnt good enough and this year lorenzo forced him into silly crashes during races because stoner realised lorenzos consistency and pushed to hard for wins

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

but that just my opinion mandy i respect your opinion an also agree rossis headfuck doesnt work now and hasnt since 2010

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostrils

No, the post is correct it reads 80%, and remember, unlike most on this forum, I stand by what I say. 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Goodness me

The Rev's very busy today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Cornish man

Lend me your ear. I would suggest that already you're equivocating over your 80% call. On this thread you suggest it as Rossi for the title. On the thread full of little yellow bitches you've downgraded that to Rossi for top three at seasons end. If you want to be taken seriously you really need you work on your consistency old bean.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostrils

Okay, I'll make it crystal, in my other post, I said that I thought Rossi will be in the top 3 at the MID season break, that's what I said, I also said on here that I think he stands an 80% chance of taking his 10th championship next year, that's not a contradiction, that's my opinion. That opinion stands together with my opinion on Bradley Smith.

I also said that I have no particular favourite rider, but I do respect Rossi's achievements, and consider him to be in the top three, mid season, but then factors like Marquez comes into the mix. I'm not one of Rossi's yellow bitches, but I do rate him, together with the other front runners, and with Stoner out, the four Ducati's out, Rossi knows, he's got a chance to go for it, and quite frankly your opinion and cross references, etc., etc., have very little bearing on the outcome of where Rossi will be, when he goes back on the Yam.

I'm not going into a long discusssion, because you've got enough on your plate, but I'll take a bet with you, that Rossi is in the top 3 by Mid season, the same as I have with MrKrabs, regarding Smith, and the reason Rent Boy SM, was on a looser with Stoner, because they are/were both wrong, but SM won't own up to it, but I'm hoping that you're going to own up to your take on Rossi, when things start to look bad for you.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices