Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner makes it super six at Phillip Island

Casey Stoner’s love affair with the spectacular Phillip Island track continued yesterday when he romped to a stunning sixth successive victory on home soil.The Repsol Honda rider could not have scripted his farewell appearance in front of a record breaking crowd any better as he led from the second lap to finish close to 9.5s clear of newly crowned world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 08:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Reverend

have you been taking furtive swigs of the congregational wine? I always understood it was supposed to be non-alcoholic.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

i think you'll find they paid jenson button $18 million when he drove for them.

Whether that figure is right or not  -  I thought it was £8m  -  you have to take into account whether it was an annual salary or spread over the duration of his contract.

The offer to Stoner was for one year I'd guess..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

You've fallen into your own trap.     As you say Casey was offered 15.5 million because of his perceived status and talent which gave him that privelege!  Like I said talent and status gets you 'extras'.  So Rossi passed on a yellow flag once -  he wont be the first or the last to make that mistake and he's not made a habit of it.    

Consider this analogy - if a paint-sprayer sprays more cars than his colleagues and asks for a bonus from his employer or asks for  superior spraying equipment  does that make him Macheavellien ?

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostodamus

Nakamoto was trying to get the deal approved,honda never actually agreed ......rossi earns $13 alone fron endorsements......

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Saturn, what planet are you on?

From recollection Rossi has been spotted by the T.V commentators passing under a yellow flag at least three times. Only the once at Phillip Island was he penalised (and neither harshly, nor by the rule book either I believe), nor did it matter as the title was already sewn up which is probably why he wasn't pinged before.

You seem to be trying to make a link between Rossi's machiavellian behaviour and Stoner's status in the sport. There is none.

I almost forgot how Rossi would tell the factories who his teammates would be. Well until Yamaha got pissed off with his car dalliances and threats to leave bike racing by calling his bluff with their signing of Lorenzo.

My wife dinged the car the other day. You any good as a spray painter?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Little 46'er

you need to paid attention.

"If Casey had accepted our record offer he would easily have been Honda's highest-paid employee," Honda Racing Corporation executive vice-president Shuhei Nakamoto said.

"Honda offered Casey more than we ever paid any of our Formula One drivers, including Jenson Button.

"When I went to the Honda board for approval they said to me, 'Are you crazy?' But I told them we had to try to keep Casey for one more season," he said.

"I worked hard to get the budget approved, and then Casey told me he had lost his passion and it was not about money. I believe him."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/family-before-fortune-for-retiring-casey-stoner/story-e6frfkp9-1226505102230#ixzz2B04G30DD

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostrodamus

Honda haven't been in F1 since 2008,i'm sure they would be paying more than 15.5M for a top driver in 2013.....keeping stacey for another season would have been a mistake as rossi is on the M1 and would have beaten him just like 2008..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Jesus Christ

Acanada you Rossi Mountie'ing Kangaroo. So now you've entered the realm of pure speculation in your endeavours to substantiate yourself and your ill informed assertions. Guess what it didn't work.

You do know Stoner announced his retirement before anybody knew what Rossi was up to 2013?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostrils

You must like the look of your posts, your a sad person, if all you can do is sing from the same sheet, on and on, the point is you're boring, not only that, it's 80% or is that to complex for you, of bollocks. It's a good job people have only got to listen to this silly schoolboy, looking up facts, you pratt, you've only got to wait till after Valencia, and then you'll be like Blue Pants, when Rossi's in the top 3 on the time sheets.

So I suggest another line of coke, and go and lie down, and that's 50% more than what you usually have, but then again YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO WORK PERCENTAGES, that's why you're living on a council estate, with a busted  gate, a couple of old prams upside down in the garden, sticky tape mending your cracked window, waiting for the loan shark to come around, with only 60% interest, and 5 days to pay, if not they'll loan it to you again at another 50%., dipshit. 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Hedgehog5

Apologies accepted, but you still can't work out percentages, it appears to be beyond a few on here. I blame it on the poor school system, and truancy.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices