Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclist caught speeding at 152mph General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcyclist caught speeding at 152mph

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Motorcyclist caught speeding at 152mph

A motorcyclist caught speeding at 152mph has been found guilty of dangerous driving. Stephen Tull, 37, admitted more than doubling the 70mph speed limit on the A27 in Binsted, Sussex, on October 16 last year. He also admitted riding with no MoT. Tull, from Liphook, Hampshire, was banned from driving for 12 months by magistrates in Worthing today. He was ordered to pay £620 costs...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 14:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

152mph? Is that it??

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Over Here

Over here in the US, it is not uncommon for a cager to kill a pedestrian or pedal-cyclist, and not even get issued a traffic citation – SMIDSY is a good enough excuse. But run your bike 90 mph on an empty rural freeway (70 mph limit) at 5AM, and you lose your license for 6 months due to “reckless driving”.

How is this just?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

All lose

when a motorcyclist gets caught doing these high speeds, it's a field day for the media, and reinforces the motorists belief that all riders are nutters, so we fall lower down the scale of acceptance, and premiums remain high.

Good job the male presenter on the BBC 2 'How safe are Britains Roads' , wasn't in front of him, else that knob head would have had him off, now there would be some bad publicity for us all.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

152mph

lucky he was only in 3rd gear :tongue:but no MOT hes a tosser

thats what bikes are made for ..........what gets me is all you total poser,s/tossers who buy bikes over 250cc or a hardley and never go above the speed limits .............sell your bikes and get a mobility scooter

bikes are made for fun belting around on smashing into bends...... im 55plus still smash my bike around the day i stop put me in a box but untill then can i use your misses box

as for the bad rep the media and gen public give us  GROW THE FUK UP  bikers are and always will be looked down upon ,that we are all only temporary residents in this world, also we are drugged up granny and school girl rapists , murderers dirty unwashed , parentless scum of the earth ,

and its worse if your female its all of the above and classed lower than drugged up street hooker ...........and all of that behind your back

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

having owned a Hayabusa

I know how easy it is to do twice the national speed and then some on an open bit of road with no speed cameras/pigs with cameras, and no side turning for some numpty in a car to pull out on you. Doing those kind of speeds where no one is at risk only yourself is to my mind pretty much ok [just so long as no kittens were harmed doing it]

I'm sorry to say that age and ill health have meant giving up riding fast bikes, I now ride a Bonneville at more sedate speeds but the odd blast on a sunny day when there are no law men or speed cameras about is still a possibility and at times is the only thing standing between me keep going or reaching for the luger in the knicker drawer. The day I can no longer do it they can order the flowers and stoke up the fire at the crem.

Reply to this Topic
mjf65

Feb 03

mjf65 says:

having spent the last two weeks visiting my son in hospital I've seen the real results of the carnage on our roads I dont think people realise what the ultimate price is. It all well and good saying it's our god given right to do 100 plus and god knows ive done it for 30 years, but when you see people that will never leave their bed and drink food through a straw for the rest of their existence it rally does make you think. What ever you do ride safe

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

mjf65 m8

been there done that put mates in the ground

ive been in icu lost a gf

in fact i lost a  part of my family to a airplane crash but i still fly

im not going to wrap myself in cotton wall and bubble wrap

i no its sounds crap but life is for living i would rather die on my terms than being safe n sound boring

Reply to this Topic
benjybobs

Nov 05

benjybobs says:

speeding biker is publicity lie

I watched the video and thought wtf, his not doing much speed thats camera error, They claim his doing twice the speed limit yet it don't look like his moving much faster than the cars on the left of him. At 152 he would go past and vanish. He should get an mot but thats only valid at the time of testing only. Can anyone honestly say it looks like the claimed speed. Illegal camera actions. They allways blame speed yet, its been proven, accidents have risen in 20 mph zones.

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

missed details

as per usual MCN have missed some detail in order to make a point.

152 MPH

passing other vehicles

heading toward a blind crest & hidden junction

hit an emerging car at that speed and you could very easily kill the driver or passengers.

what chance would an emerging driver have to see him coming over the crest?

forget sorry mate i didnt see you more like sorry mate when i looked you weren't even there.

He rode Dangerously and got caught no sympathy what so ever!!!

Reply to this Topic
bsafe

Nov 12

bsafe says:

152 mph

I have read quite a few of the posts and to some extent agree with some.

Steve Tull was looking at a custodial sentence for Dangerous Driving.  He was given advice by Billy Campbell who is x traffic officer  and instructor on this equipment with Cleveland Police speed cameras. Now an expert witness for Nick 'Mr Loophole' Freeman and a few others.

Mr Tull's average speed was 143 mph between the two checks.  As a result of what he was told to say in his defence he only received what I would describe as a fair result. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices