Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclist caught speeding at 152mph General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcyclist caught speeding at 152mph

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Motorcyclist caught speeding at 152mph

A motorcyclist caught speeding at 152mph has been found guilty of dangerous driving. Stephen Tull, 37, admitted more than doubling the 70mph speed limit on the A27 in Binsted, Sussex, on October 16 last year. He also admitted riding with no MoT. Tull, from Liphook, Hampshire, was banned from driving for 12 months by magistrates in Worthing today. He was ordered to pay £620 costs...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 October 2012 14:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

No sympathy

You get caught, you pay the price. No ifs, no buts.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

OTT

I think all are guilty of slipping over the odd speed limit at times, car or bike !  But to go over it by that much is really asking for trouble and does us as a community no favours..... A speeding motorcyclist caught at this level will be very news worthy, even if many cars do the same.  Save those speeds for trackdays, and dont compound it by having no MOT ??!!

Reply to this Topic
The Pits

Aug 02

The Pits says:

ouch

Let's be honest it's very easily done on a modern sportsbike. My ZX12-R would read over that at the top of 3rd gear! Unlike a car a bike gets there and back down very quickly too. A car has to sit at 140+ for ages to hit 152. A fast bike doesn't need much road and big speeds can be the matter of a few seconds. I really would have a major sense of humour failure if I ended up in a cell with some nutter all for going a bit fast. But they seem to treat you as if you caused a major accident, the fact that no-one was in any way hurt seems to be worth nothing. That said I agree with trackdays for getting your kicks. I was knocking on the door of 150 at Brands hatch and had a whale of a time, entirely legally. I was also quite happy to ride back legally afterwards, feeling that the bike wasn't completely wasted that day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ckDz1h0zs&feature=g-upl I used to hit 165mph down the Hangar straight at Silverstone on the ZX12R too. These days that's plenty enough for me.

Reply to this Topic
dtrides

Mar 11

dtrides says:

Must have been only a 600. This fella would get into real trouble if he was on liter bike.......:) DT

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

In the US a good attorney can...

Doing 152 and getting caught at 152 are totally different things.

1) why are you Brits still using MPH, where everything else is metric. 

2) Do you still use gallon?

3) Although getting caught at 152 is really high in any country, in the US a very good attorney can make things a lot of better.  However, if the judge feels that you're a menace, no one can help you.

Good luck to the fellow rider in legal trouble...

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

How many kittens did he kill?

I'm betting on custody, because there might have been kittens.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

is it really that dangerous

Sunny day and a nice long stretch of road that you know well with no concealed junctions.  How dangerous is it to quickly blip to 150 and back down again.  Some countries feel its ok, some don’t.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

RETEST ?

Why would he have to do an extended re test ? cops didnt doubt his ability.I am surprised he didnt get banged up though,normally happens unless you are driving a car of course,

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Bit harsh comments here...

I mean come on, who among us hasn't exceeded 140 once in a while, when there was a chance to open it up a bit?   You don't need too long a stretch either.

Shiva:   We all talk in terms of gallons, even though it's officially sold in litres.  Nobody likes kph, we still exclusively use mph.  Probably always will.

Btw,  why is your gallon smaller than ours?   (Approximately 7/8ths our gallon, in fact.)

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Phew!!!!

Its not me then!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle