Skip to content

Ask an Expert 950 sm or 990 sd? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > 950 sm or 990 sd?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gavinb9

Dec 10

gavinb9 says:

950 sm or 990 sd?

I need to sell my RC8 and get something cheaper, wanting to stay with the KTM brand i'm thinking about a superduke or 950 SM. But i cant make my mind up. Which is best for the odd comute and weekend fun?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 21:36)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

Next bike

Unless you are really strapped for cash we'd keep the RC8 as the ruinning costs for the other two will still be the same. Failing that the Superduke is the better machine of these two as rthe 950 SM is a bit of a one-trick pony for mad Sundays, and you want to commute on your next bike too.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I would

have any of them. Although I hear the SM has only about a 100 mile tank range.

The superduke will eat tyres and fuel. If you want to keep with the KTM brand but go cheaper you need to go to the 690 engined bikes.

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Journalists........

Probably too late to help your choice, but i run a  950 sm as an instructor bike. You can get 150 miles to a tank and it's "comfortable" to ride all day - that's 6hrs normal speed riding. And then, after work, it's an absolute bloody hoot:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices