Skip to content

Ask an Expert Aprilia Rs 125 Problem.. Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Aprilia Rs 125 Problem..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

calisi72612

Oct 12

calisi72612 says:

Aprilia Rs 125 Problem..

Hi there im fairly new to this site. my first post...:blink:    can anyone tell me where to get advice on how to change the complete crank case/driveshaft at the back of front sprocket/ infront of rear shock/back wheel? as mines got a fairly big crack in where seems somethings gone wrong and been forced up out of the casing when the back wheel locked up on me but the bike still starts, runs, ticksover? im assuming its nothing majorly gone wrong inside if it still starts? when it happened i thought engine seized but would start with the clutch in but if put it in gear it would die slowly? any help would be appreciated newbie to stripping down a engine. Also any ideas how to split the crank cases when get round to dropping engine out without a air gun? is it possible?

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 October 2012 11:02)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

Problem

That looks pretty serious. don't run it any more as you could dmage it a lot more. I'm nt an expert on these engines, but if I was going to try my hand at investigating it, I'd invest in a workshop manual right from the get go. It'll probably be the cheapest purchase you make in this saga :-/

Reply to this Topic
calisi72612

Oct 12

calisi72612 says:

i invested in a manual other day been flicking through cant find anywhere were same thing has happened as on mine surely someone out there lol im guessing its either going be new engine(way to expensive) or get this one stripped and replace crank cases at very least depending on damage inside i suppose. read that it can be a task just getting the cases split:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
calisi72612

Oct 12

calisi72612 says:

comment

also it hasnt been run since having push it home lol but at the time it happened it started just wouldnt engage gear properly 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

A new motor

won't be cheap, but new cases won't be either - in fact it may possibly cost more.

If it were mine, I'm not convinced I'd bother - having a manual is one thing, but you'll need a decent selection of (good quality) tools too (inc precision measuring gear) which doesn't come cheap either (unless you've already got sufficient tools) - putting old components in new cases may prove to be false economy too.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

RS125

Being a two-stroke, Stan Stephens is the man you need to be talking to. 

Reply to this Topic
calisi72612

Oct 12

calisi72612 says:

Im not sure who stan stephens is? tried search him on members but didnt show anything:wacko: ive dropped on some crank cases on ebay can get them with a flywheel for 20-25 quid tops. not sure of condition of bearings but aslong as no cracks (as big as mine) then should be getting somewhere. Has anyone cracked the cases without an Air Gun? Is it imminent to use one?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Stan Stephens

THE legendary two-stroke genius. 

http://www.stanstephens.com/

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

BDK

You could also try contacting

bdk race engineering

Reply to this Topic
calisi72612

Oct 12

calisi72612 says:

Cheers guys. I looked on stans site said he rebuilds rs250s for 360 quid inc parts seems reasonable? are the crank cases worth getting at 20-30 pound even if need new seals/bearings. I read somewhere crank cases can be specially welded as such is this true?

Reply to this Topic
Lovebikes25

Nov 12

Lovebikes25 says:

Problem with a kawasaki

:upset:I'm sorry to but in your convo but don't no how else to talk to u just joined my kawasaski won't kick over it was left outside with a rain cover on but was just sat for about 6 weeks the same with the stomp but managed to get that one going I noticed a wet patch under the bike web I got it out as well please help 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices