Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I go naked? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I go naked?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Should I go naked?

I've been riding faired sportsbikes for thirteen years, but I'm actually getting a bit frustrated by how good they are, and how you can't use them properly on the road (I don't do trackdays)… I'm considering something like a Tuono, SuperDuke, or Streetfighter, but I don't know if I'll miss the fairing. Should I just go for it? Your answer could...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 October 2012 15:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Go naked

and get a big screen?

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Nakeds

None of the bikes mentioned in the original question are full nakeds as they all have a bikini fairing of sorts. That said though the benefits of fairings will depend on rider positioning/ height/ speed etc. Whilst one bikini style fairing will work for some it might not work for others or in different scenarios.

Long sustained riding at national speed limit speeds then a fairing is useful to stop neckache and buffeting.

Reply to this Topic
gavinwilkins

May 03

gavinwilkins says:

Simple answer is ... depends on your journeys. If you do lots of miles at high speed on Motorways/Dual carriageways - yes you will miss a fairing. Long miles on motorways at high speeds can be a pain if you are use to doing 80 to 85 cruising. if you blast backroads, towns, winding A roads, and general pottles in no particular hurry, no you wont, but it will slow you down...

Reply to this Topic
benCBR6

Jan 08

benCBR6 says:

I never thought I'd swap a sports for a naked but its still great. As some people mentioned it depends on your journeys and the bike you choose. I've gone from a CBR600 on the road and a GSXR600 track bike and now have a Triumph Street Triple 675. Amazing bike and perfect for everything from rainy commuting to a sunny Sunday blast. You can have a lot of fun on a good naked and the triumph is so nimble and has great engine. You might not get quite the same racer thrill sitting at the lights but it still ticks a lot of boxes. Besides, having been a track day junkie for the last 3 years or so you just can't ride a sports on the road it as its mean to be ridden! Especially in the winter! My answer... do a few test rides.

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

Street

i own a street triple after selling my RR, miss the RR for about 2 hours of riding a week.... the rest of the time naked bikes just kill it! I don't do track days so whats the point in owning a sports bike these days? can hardly get out of 3rd, at least with the street I can use half the available power and enjoy it comfortably with a pillion... whats to loose?

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

ps if worried about the wind... ask the doctor for testosterone shots and man up

Reply to this Topic
gfreris

Nov 11

gfreris says:

Maybe someone's mentioned it already? Personally, I love the look of a naked and I've owned a few, but the one aspect I'd never thought of till then, was the extra cleaning effort with a naked. If you ride a lot, expect to be cleaning a fair bit with a tooth brush. If you don't like the idea of extra cleaning, then stick with a faired bike and quickly clean it with a sponge…. FYI, I still prefer a naked!

Reply to this Topic
Ian610

Sep 12

Ian610 says:

As long as you've got a fly screen, any naked bike makes for an enjoyable ride.

Reply to this Topic
Jessh33

Nov 12

Jessh33 says:

Welcome to___Seekingbikers (Please Google it)___the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. Have a try and find your biker soul mate to ride and travel together. ^_^

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

On a completely random tangent, my missus wanted a pug. Got her one; the squashed nose, bulging eyes, rolls of fat....dog seems to like her though. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices