Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I go naked? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I go naked?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Should I go naked?

I've been riding faired sportsbikes for thirteen years, but I'm actually getting a bit frustrated by how good they are, and how you can't use them properly on the road (I don't do trackdays)… I'm considering something like a Tuono, SuperDuke, or Streetfighter, but I don't know if I'll miss the fairing. Should I just go for it? Your answer could...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 October 2012 15:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Yeah go for it...

Ive had a Hornet 600, CB1000R and Street Triple and love them all, you get just as much punch out of corners and can get your knee down as much as you need but all in a more relaxed position which allows you to ride longer and enjoy it more, also whats the point of having a 175mph or more bike if your on the road, it you want to stay legal-ish and want to have fun then get the accelaration of a CB1000R or Triple take you away, they still top out at 150mph... allegedly

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

yes!

Buy a Bonneville and stop being wind shy. 8-)

Reply to this Topic
Victor9098

Jan 08

Victor9098 says:

Fly Screen

Fly screens really make a difference and there are plenty of bolt-on options available, try looking at GIVI for some ideas of what might work with your preferred bikes. For daily commutes and weekend trips then you should be fine, only if you were planning a longer trip or some touring then you might miss the fairing. Get what you like and then tweak it to your preference.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Don't be daft!

If by "just go for it" you mean sign up based on hearsay and showroom appeal, that's crazy. Blag a proper test ride, factor in what you plan on using it for, then you'll know, one way or the other. Next?

Reply to this Topic
stevebandito

Oct 10

stevebandito says:

nude

nude if it's retro styled with a nice looking engine if ur not bothered about looks then id have a plastic covered rocket meself id go nude every time

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Go naked if you got the nuts

otherwise go get a full dress tourer!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

No.

Buy a Honda Dullsville instead.

Reply to this Topic
offordc

Nov 05

offordc says:

Does it matter

The way most modern bikes perform i doubt you will "use it properly on the road" regardless of if it is faired or not.

Very few faired bikes seem to have screens or fairings that work properly anyway, yes they will suit a few but then wont be right for most, hence all the aftermarket screens & adaptors on the market.

I have had faired & naked bikes & could easily sit at speeds above the legal limit as i have never found the wind blast a problem.

I think it is all down to personal choice & what "YOU" want from a bike, you will be the one riding it so you must make the choice, go for a few test rides & get a proper feel of each one them sit & mull it over in your mind with a Costa light & a banana & pecan breakfast loaf, that would be my advice.

Reply to this Topic
d0nkeychop

May 10

d0nkeychop says:

Agree...

...with domtrails, one of each. But where does it end.... How many bikes do you really need? You can use this simple formula to assist. Number of bikes required = n+1 where n is the current number of bikes owned.

Reply to this Topic
petexjr

Dec 08

petexjr says:

Fairings

I'm not knocking other peoples bikes but I allways thought those farings on sportsbikes were to hide the ugly radiators and mass of pipes. Do they really do anything for performance at road speeds? Unfortunately, with current legislation, most new bikes have to be water cooled. IMHO the only places for radiators are under car bonnets or on walls in your house. Then again I'm a very old biker.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices