Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I go naked? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I go naked?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Should I go naked?

I've been riding faired sportsbikes for thirteen years, but I'm actually getting a bit frustrated by how good they are, and how you can't use them properly on the road (I don't do trackdays)… I'm considering something like a Tuono, SuperDuke, or Streetfighter, but I don't know if I'll miss the fairing. Should I just go for it? Your answer could...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 October 2012 15:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

He'll yeah

*** I've gotta 600 naked hornet mild street fighter and a 990superduke**** Come join us, the stripped bare, upright-all weather in ya face, I don't wanna be Rossi, aggressive brood!!!!! Seriously, whatever floats ya boat. Depends on what need your steed for.. It's horses for courses, probably most on here would have at least 2 or 3 type in their stable.......Good luck..

Reply to this Topic
Jarrefan

Nov 09

Jarrefan says:

Have the best of both worlds and do what I did.....Bought a Suzuki SV1000S. "Bikini Baby..........YEAH"

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ benCBR6

A naked would not be my choice for commuting in the rain and cold. And even in the summer, a fairing and windshield are nice to keep to worst of the bugs off.

Reply to this Topic
tancakar

Sep 11

tancakar says:

:)

naked bikes only for summer riders ! they are useless on winter and also useless on motorway speed ? track not even go there ? so naked bike is really a summer commuter. if you can afford two bikes summer bike can be naked !

Reply to this Topic
Bungle1078

Nov 12

Bungle1078 says:

I have been thinking the very same!

My first bike was a Bandit 400 gre import from its Motherland. Cracking little bike. And i never found the wind rain or cold any more annoying than i do on a Blade, ST 1050, R6 or even an ER6N. You get cold, wet and blown about a bit on any bike! just with a faired bike your going faster when your heads like a nodding dog!

Ive been thinking of a CB1000R! but i keep flitting about!

Big, aggressive, noisey and so much fun!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

No Thanks

Even my Honda Elite 110 (Lead 110 in the UK) goes fast enough around town that putting the optional windshield on makes a big difference in rain and cold weather. But of course the quick adjust windshield on the Honda Dullsville is very nice to have for changing conditions.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

screen

Just bolt on a high screen , handguards and heated grips on your naked and you can do loads of motorway miles in awful weather and be well protected. Then in the summer take the screen off if you wish. Simple really.

Reply to this Topic
BrunoGomes

Jun 12

BrunoGomes says:

Should I go Naked

I say it depends on where you are riding and how fast you do it... I used to commute mere 15 miles each way, but two thirds of the way were motorway. To be honest, a bit of screen really helps, even if it is not with a full fairing, consider half way as a transition between a sport bike to a fully naked. I had a Yamaha Fzs 600 and anything over 60 mph 70 mph just hide under the screen and let it rip. Hope I was helpful!

Reply to this Topic
pricejrp

Aug 02

pricejrp says:

Naked or not..

My tuppence worth....

I've had 7 bikes in 2 years (much to my wife's annoyance).... including two Triumph Sprint ST 1050s. I've had a KTM 990 Supermoto and currently ride a KTM Superduke. For me, it's a toy, and what I love about the SD is it's nimbleness around the twisties. It really is like a BMX with an engine. At the risk of sounding like a member of the Society for Stating the Bleeding Obvious, I suppose it all depends on what you want a bike for. For me, it's about the fun-factor. I don't do track-days either. The SD just makes me grin evertime I ride it. Part of the grin-factor is the feeling of exposure being on a naked bike. I have a pal who tours all over the place on his SD.

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

Join us and be naked !!

Not sure what the F@(/ Tancaker is talking about, ive been commuting for the past 8 years, rain, shine, warm and cold, first 6 on a mildly streetfightered naked Hornet, now on a 990 superduke (which pricejrp is 100% spot on with his desription of fun) and never once thought i was missing out..GO NAKED?? GO FOR IT !!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices