Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Stoner get bored and return to racing? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Will Stoner get bored and return to racing?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will Stoner get bored and return to racing?

Next weekend out at Valencia sees the last race of two-time world champ Casey Stoner, after he announced his retirement earlier in the season. However, still only 26, many are predicting that Stoner will soon grow bored of a sedate life, and that we could see him back racing before too long. What's your opinion?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 October 2012 15:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jconway651

Aug 11

Jconway651 says:

Got to agree with ginganz13's comment regard Clarckson's comment, did you watch the last race at Philip island?? even the other riders admit that he's in another class, you only need to watch him to see that. When did a light hearted poll become an un-provoked chance to slag off an amazing rider. The time he spent at ducati doing what Rossi couldn't i.e. winning means nothing either i suppose. Where has his reputation for moaning come from?? the biased one sided journalism? Good luck to him, he wont have to listen to any of this shit any more.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Give him...

two years max, once your ride or race bikes you cant stop, especially if your young and know how to do it well. He just needs some time off to 'find himself' and he will be back I am certain of it

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

It'd be ironic

if after 2 years of not winning he came back and started winning straight off. I doubt he'd get much respect for that either though.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

I'd love it if he came back after a year just to piss off all the pricks on here that keep slaging him off

Reply to this Topic
Victor9098

Jan 08

Victor9098 says:

Yes...But

Yes, but I do not see him returning to MotoGP to scratch that itch unless it is a prototype class (unlike where it is going now). I think the Eurosport boys hit the nail on the head at the weekend when they said he might just take up the car racing in Australia.

Reply to this Topic
ghostmikey

Jun 12

ghostmikey says:

I know, how about we ask Casey rather than a load of randomers, and/or wait and see? What a waste of effort.

Reply to this Topic
440PROJECT

Sep 12

440PROJECT says:

Return to The Island 2013

He will go - most likely stay gone.

Casey is a very strong and directed individual, he wont sing along to a tune like most racers - and be very open about it too (much against a generic popularity figure, eg V. Rossi).

I do still remember reading the rumors of a possible return, something he might want to do - try and get 7 continuous wins at Philip Island - and be the rider with the highest number of "home race" wins in the 4 stroke generation. And in doing so, knock Rossi of the top spot of 6 at Mugello and his own 6 at the Island.

Im still sad to see him go though

Reply to this Topic
Agent Z

May 08

Agent Z says:

V8 Supercars

He'll be racing in the V8 Supercars in Aus next season. That's the word down here. He tested one a while ago and was quick so he's keen to try his hand at that. As well as the fishing of course.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

In his time

In his time in MotoGP Casey Stoner has been a class act and has absolutely nothing left to prove, why would he want to continue in a series de-valued by CRT...?

Looking at his MotoGP record and comparing it with the record of Valentino Rossi, the so-called "goat"...

As of 31 October 2012

Race wins: Stoner 38 Rossi 26

Points scored: Stoner 1799 Rossi 1696

Podiums: Stoner 70 Rossi 61

Race wins on a Ducati: Stoner 23 Rossi 0

Random fact:

Stoner has more than four times as many MotoGP wins on a Ducati than all Ducati riders combined.

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Enough already...

Hope not.

Great talent - wasted on a moaning twat who doesnt realise how lucky he is!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices