Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha open to World Superbike return World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Yamaha open to World Superbike return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha open to World Superbike return

Yamaha could be tempted back to World Superbikes if new owners Dorna introduce radical technical changes that will reduce costs and make the bikes more closely linked to a Superstock level of tuning. The Japanese factory pulled its factory team out of WSB at the end of 201, but boss Lin Jarvis said it would be closely monitoring the changes Dorna...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 October 2012 13:01)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I really hope Yamaha returns to the WSBK paddock miss them not being around.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

yamaha?

seems to me they our a fraid to lose! those kawasaki's our very fast!

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Sulking Yamaha

Jarvis is trying to influence the rule makers

No manufacturer should be allowed to make the rules or hold a championship to ransom

look what Honda have done to the Moto GP class as they more or less run moto gp as dorna are sh*t scared of Honda

so WSB should tell Yamaha and nasty Jarvis to get lost

but they are welcome to compete within the same rules every one else has to follow

its a world championship not a manufacturer run championship

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Yamaha

to bad Yamaha isn't in sbk anymore as it was 1 of the best looking bikes and with an incredible sound! Yamaha just waiting for dorna to set the rules theyt not try to bend the rules thats impossible. only ducati can do so!!!!!!! with 1200cc. kawa always was bad but no changes for kawasaki back then. ducati was competative but nedded to dominate so 1200cc was gooed.!!! duc sucks!! bigtime!!! if all is equell we know how ducati performs.......look at motogp. duc=crt!!!! hope yamaha comes back realy soon! with Rossi on it! hope the duc panifails fails bigtime. cheaters, scared to fight equell!!!!

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

Good if Yamaha return

I personally would love to see Yamaha back in WSBK, the R1 sounds awesome and the crossplane crank brought another dimension to the series. I disagree that Yamaha and Lin Jarvis are trying to manipulate the series to suit their needs - however, if they are, so what? Isn't that what all racing manufacturers will try to do at varying degrees of success? Aprilia with the gear-driven cams of the RSV4?, Honda with the move to four-strokes in MotoGP?, and yes, Ducati with the capacity "advantage" for twins in WSBK?

They are all in the business of selling motorbikes, and more racing success has an effect on sales, so whose to blame them for trying to get any advantage? As long as the racing is good - and in WSBK, I think it is - then we are the winners.

The Panigali is a great bike and to go head-to-head with S1000RR, RSV4R, 'blades, GSXR, etc. it will have to be as they are all 4-cyclinders. But to say Ducati "suc" or intimate that they are cheats are ridiculous rantings of ignorance.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

could well be true.

lin jarvis might well be pulling the strings as rumours are that the next R1 will be a 1100cc triple

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I agree with Ridge Racer, Jarvis is feeling up the rules. And indeed the next R1 is suposedly gonna be a triple 1100. Crosplane as well i think i read somewhere. I wonder what it might sound like? If Triumph is working on something like that as well(not the patented crosplane of course) than Halleluyah. Panigales, Zx10s maybe Jonathan on the RCV V4 lookalike and BMW with though the Goldbet team still giving factory support, Leon Camier getting better at the end of this seizon, and Aprillia with a great racing bike? Politics or not, so many brands and so many configurations? Bring it on. Still supporting the Grinner though:-)

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

yzrm1

Considering Yamaha only won one title in 25 years you could say they were the ones that 'sucked' in WSBK. The R1 was never really competitive enough at world level and never could get it's tyres to last.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

CH987 Nori could have taken 2 titels, 1 on the illustrious R7 wich he would have had except for a bogus drug charge. And 1 on the Santander R1 had it not been for Biaggi taking Nori out at Misano. Still facts state that you are right. Yamaha did not win much in Superbikes. It's about the team that runs the bike in Wsbk though, and how much factory support it gets. Look how much Sykes's bike has improved on tyre wear this seizon. Different team same bike. When Yoshimura finally treid . Camier got 15 extra horses on the gixxer. And was going well .

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

If winning

races, and championships, is the way forward for bike sales globally, then why have Ducati failed to produce a class leading bike that can take on and win WSB. Checa's bike is simply not good enough to win anything. The Kawasaki showed it's performance in WSB & BSB, yet Ducati still persist with the same old engine design. Honda proved that, in Ducati's heyday, they could bring out a bike for Colin Edwards the SP, every bit as good as the Duke. Ducati are an expensive manufacturer, with a reputation they've not been able to live up to for a long time now, and they expect special treatment with the capacity as well.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle