Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha open to World Superbike return World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Yamaha open to World Superbike return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha open to World Superbike return

Yamaha could be tempted back to World Superbikes if new owners Dorna introduce radical technical changes that will reduce costs and make the bikes more closely linked to a Superstock level of tuning. The Japanese factory pulled its factory team out of WSB at the end of 201, but boss Lin Jarvis said it would be closely monitoring the changes Dorna...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 October 2012 13:01)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

New triple ?

Could yamaha be thinking of using a new triple with 1100cc being allowed for a triple ? if so they will be going head to head with triumphs new daytona 1100 in 2014

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

dumbing down?

I know people get very upset at the idea to ensure production bike racing is just that rather than the masquerade of prototypes dressed to resemble production bikes but I genuinely cant see what is the problem with a nearer to stock class. As I understand it, WSB was initiated to be a privateers championship with teams buying the bikes we buy turning them into race bikes and competing NOT manufacturers with better balance sheets pouring money into support leaving the remainder also-rans. In a production class the manufacturers have completed their part by 'producing' the bike. Infinite experimentation, cutting edge materials, research and development belongs with prototypes- the clue is in the name. WSB cheap enough for national sized teams (following the same rules if sensible) to have the machinery (at least) to win and MotoGP cheap enough for all manufacturers to commit. In theory this would allow developments to be tried and tested- against direct competitors and if proven effective can be pulled together into the next production machine. Surely this is prreferable to, for example, a yamaha R1 that is nearer to motogp protoype than my R1Just my thoughts, that's all.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices