Skip to content

Discuss This Anthony West fails drug test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Anthony West fails drug test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Anthony West fails drug test

Moto2 rider Anthony West has been stripped of his Le Mans seventh place from earlier in the season and banned from competition for one month after a drugs sample he gave after the French round was found to contain a banned substance. He was found to have methylhexaneamine in his system, a substance banned under the FIM Anti-Doping Code, but commonly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 October 2012 16:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
polhouse

Sep 05

polhouse says:

Got to agree, however he consumed it is irrelevant, it is a banned substance.  Missing one race is hardly much of a punishment anyway, especially compared to other sports.  He appears not to be the most relable of people, having let down the Supersonic BSB team at the beginining of the year, it seems he is a bit of a glory hunter.  Who knows what he might do?

Reply to this Topic
valentimo

Aug 09

valentimo says:

Sceptical

If this substance is so common then why aren't more riders being caught?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Hehehe!

Nice 1 Waipipi. 

I agree with Nostro here. I think at any high level of professional sport you really should be watching what you take these days. Maybe he became complacent because "drug taking" is not, or at least, does not seam a big problem in bike racing. 

Anyways, as Waipipi points out so very stylishly, his punishment isn`t going to do undue harm, it will merly serve as a warning to all that "you`re being watched".

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

a month !

way to go fim a one month ban will shake him.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Aquarius

That was shit

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Aguarius

Sorry mate gotta disagree with you there the majority of these sports potions as you call them DO tell you whats in them if the person taking it can be bothered to look, but if your unsure leave it alone or go to a gp to double check, even more so if your a professional sportsman. Lemsip is also on the banned substance list, various drug agency's have also tried to ban creatine too, but because the body produces it they will find it hard if not impossible to make it happen

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Nice One?

tobyj says

Jeez, Clarky.

Ant looks well for his age.

The last lot went in 1867/68 !!

magic that ?

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

QMMF should also be charged with crimes against good taste....making riders wear 1980's leathers and hideous purple and white paint schemes....

Little wonder Westie took a little something to "dull the pain"...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha, ha Mark

Put in that context one can have a little sympathy for West.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostrils

Hello, I thought I would have a 90% chance of finding you on the drug article, you old coke sniffer you. Answer me a straight question will you please, can you scratch both ankles without bending your knees? It's ok, I've just got the info from SM, he says you can. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices