Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Street Triple R ridden First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > New Triumph Street Triple R ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN News Team  says:

New Triumph Street Triple R ridden

Triumph’s new 2013 Street Triple R is currently being put through its paces in southern Spain by MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves. Here are his first impressions.: “The big news is Triumph have lopped a massive six kilos from the already lightweight Street Triple and it’s really broadened its appeal. The reduction in weight makes it more fun for experienced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 November 2012 10:24)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Full road test...

Well have to wait for that as there is not much of a first road test here! I can get all that and more info from Triumphs web site.....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fevs

Jul 11

fevs says:

YAWN!

Generally I like Michael Neeves reports, but please not ye olde "fun for experienced riders and more user-friendly for less experienced"! chat up line!

Lets hear something new, as it's a new bike! We all know your gonna like it and have no doubts that it will be the MCN fav bike from 2013 - 2017 but we need to hear something fresh pls! Thanks.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I'm sure it will function brilliantly as did the last version and it looks far better with the little fairing but, for Gods sake, get rid of those awful mirrors and get something in keeping with its style!!!!

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

ugly duckling

it may well be a good bike to ride but it still looks awful , give it a proper headlamp not a parts bin set, decent mirrors, and an engine note that doesnt sound like it is trying to seize all the time and you will be on a winner.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Nice

The only bike I'd consider giving up my T100 Bonnie for...

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I hate those headlights, much like nigel100 say's , but then again seeing as this bike sels by bucketloads? Obviously riders that bought the previous models like it. So i can't blame Triumph for keeping the same appearance. They dropped the seat pipes. I reckon loosing 2 features of the previous model might scare away a lot of Street Triple fans. The engine power delivery will be great as always. Never read bad news in any magazine about throttle response on street or speed triples. The mapping on the 3 cilinder MV's seem to be downright dangerous, wich is sad cause their beautiful:-)

Reply to this Topic
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

Nice enough but...

No underseat exhaust?! Thats what made them sexy. The rear seat looks wimpy now.

Reply to this Topic
fevs

Jul 11

fevs says:

Switchable ABS

atleast, is a sensible idea!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Optional ABS, not switchable

That new Transformers stylee exhaust makes it look just like any modern Japanese bike from the side.  At least it's got those fuck ugly lights to make it distinctive from the front.

Well, I'm sure it'll sell loads in the UK and few elsewhere, same as the current one.

Reply to this Topic
fevs

Jul 11

fevs says:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool