Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Street Triple R ridden First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > New Triumph Street Triple R ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN News Team  says:

New Triumph Street Triple R ridden

Triumph’s new 2013 Street Triple R is currently being put through its paces in southern Spain by MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves. Here are his first impressions.: “The big news is Triumph have lopped a massive six kilos from the already lightweight Street Triple and it’s really broadened its appeal. The reduction in weight makes it more fun for experienced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 November 2012 10:24)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
glentraman

Mar 05

glentraman says:

new triple r

Before mcn say it i bet this bike will be the best naked out there but its Not because of them ugly headlights and the measley 105 bhp the previous model with the round lights was nice

Reply to this Topic
kawaneil

Nov 12

kawaneil says:

Personally I think the Street Triple peaked with the 2010 model, since then Triumph have removed most of the individuality from the styling & the things that made it an iconic bike...the round headlights & underseat exhaust. As some have already said, this just looks like any other bike now..If I was buying one I definately chose an earlier model.

Reply to this Topic
tancakar

Sep 11

tancakar says:

hahha

triumph definetly pay this guys a lot money, i am telling you !

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

It's not right

Get rid of those awful mirrors, loose the two outside wall-mounted security lights, and add another 20 Bhp, that'll do it.

Reply to this Topic
BREE

Mar 08

BREE says:

same old crap

Well surprise surprise, Not so new Triumph and I bet that according to MCN its the best thing since sliced bread oh my its getting so tiresome that its embarrassing.....

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

same old crap indeed !!!

Just been reading some launch reports from three of the leading American magazines, Cycle World etc.Guess what?? they think that the Triumph is a great bike as well.I suppose that the American magazines..:.oh and the Aussie magazines: are all in the pay of Triumph as well,according to the utter garbage posted by the usual Triumph are crap, brigade.50,000 Street triple owners are also wrong as well I suppose? Same old crap from the spouters of the same old crap.I suppose that MCN were being biased too when they raved about the new Kawasaki 636 last week !!oh no couldn't be.I mean if a Ducati or Honda gets a good review,then that's fine,but god help us if a Triumph,or any British product gets a good review,then God help us all.I think some Japanese bikes are good and so are some German and Italian bikes..that's because I'm open-minded and clearly not as bigoted as the anti-British brigade.Pre-emptively slagging off the MCN and Triumph even before the MCN comes out,goes to show the extent of of some peoples bigotry,Wouldn't be nice just to think that a home-grown company is doing well and creating jobs for Britain and making good bikes for us bikers too.Same old crap indeed..totally pathetic.!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' as the old saying goes Thats why theres only minor changes to the new model. I'm willing to bet the moaners on here have never even ridden a Street Triple. I have, and if i could afford two bikes, this would be my other. The handling is amazing and I've never ridden another bike that made me want to ride like a lunatic like this does. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

bit off topic but

Nice to see Triumph doing well BUT I’d rather see a 1050 (or even better 1100) Daytona.  I went to the Triumph dealer the other day to look at the 1050R, nice bike, bit more than what I’d want to spend on a naked though.  Asked the bloke about a 1050 Daytona he said SOOO many people ask about Triumph building one but they just aren’t interested.  Pity, come on Triumph grow some balls and make it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices