Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki warned on MotoGP return plans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki warned on MotoGP return plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki warned on MotoGP return plans

Suzuki has been told to forget plotting a MotoGP return unless it is willing to commit to running a new factory effort until the end of the 2016 world championship at least.The Japanese factory temporarily suspended its MotoGP project at the end of last season, citing the impact of the global economic crisis for its decision to withdraw. Suzuki management though...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 November 2012 11:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Suzuki umbrella girls. The mos't beautiful ones. Hoppefully an inline 4 screamer engine. Wonder who the riders wil be?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

That a fair request from Carmelo Ezpeleta, as Suzuki would be wasting their time and money with a one year commitment.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Moto GP needs to get its act together Fast

Ezpeleta did right, pointless for one year ,committ or dont bother.

Moto GP needs to sit down with all the manufacturers and come up with a plan. The racing is dying and they need to get their house into some sort of order. Bob Butsanga touched on it on another thread,  Theres just not enough decent rides for the young up and coming riders to get on and show just how good they are.

It very well giving the Yamaha seat back to Rossi, a proven talent , if alittle tainted but a given to at least back up Lorenzo for the team title.

Restrictions on budget power out put etc so the satelite teams can compete for wins, removal of the expensive electronic systems, The control tyre was a good starting point.

Ive not got all the answers , i'l leave that to the technical experts ( nostro for once i'l bow to your experience)

But somethings got to give.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Is Kevin Schwanz still in the picture for being involved in the new Suzuki project in any shape or form? I reckon he might be a little direct in his opinions, in the media and back to the factory in Hamamatsu. But still, there must be something the ledgendary #34 can do. Maybe jus't as a mentor for the riders.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

thats the way

or not?! this doesn't sounds to possitive getting another factory back.! if suzuki wants let them stay for 1 year or ask 2 years, but untill 2016.???? see this man is all about killing the motogp.! rules rules rules and with more rules comes more problems!!! he doesn't want anyone back, he doesnt want motogp prototype........he wants crt!!!!!!   if i could choose between the death of motogp or ........ i know with one i choose

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

BlackBennyBull

Good Job that Dorna rules !,only you could come up with such tripe ,The grids are pathetic, the competition non existent and being world Champion is actually beating four other machines, so making it as awkward as possible for any one to enter is a great idea ,Yeah nice one Dorna ,Benny I can forgive, as I know he's an idiot

Reply to this Topic
gooey1

Aug 07

gooey1 says:

stig

The point of saying 'good job Dorna rules' is that in effect they haven't over the years and it could reasonably be argued that that is one of the main reasons the series has declined; Honda have been far to influencial and in being so, dominant.  Granted they have had sand kicked in their face a few times by a combination of great riders (and some great bikes) on other marques but the biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world with the biggest race dep't in the world has arguably had too much influence on the rules over the last 10+ years.

Change from 500cc max limit to 1000cc to reduce costs - bollocks ! - this emanates from Soichiro Honda hating two-strokes and Honda ethos not wanting to continue with them.  Moto2 using CBR engines.  I believe Honda were behind the regressive move to 800's  etc etc.

BCB's point is that a race series needs to be ruled by a governing, independent authority - not by its contenders.  Without this in sport Lance Armstrong would still be a legitimate champion and American Baseball teams would always be World Champions - LOL !

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Fair comment

I agree with those points , I also think that Honda and Dorna have played a major part in Stoners retirement, I think he is of greater integrity than the sport , it's to political and money orientated , sadly I see destruction beforesolution , and that's greed nothing more

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Thick Pig?

... you're so mindless that everything has to be spelt-out for you before you can even begin to understand - gross and stupid.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

I wasn't referring to

You Sheep boy ,shouldn't you be walking around the village today being looked down on ,mind the kids don't throw you on the bonfire by mistake ,and don't wear the half mast flares and white trainers today, I hear you always win the apple bobbing though with your pickled onion stabbing single tooth giving you the edge , have good day Benny , alone with your pc

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle