You are in... Forums > General > General > Royal Enfield Cafe Racer

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

drsqueelgood

Apr 05

drsqueelgood says:

Royal Enfield Cafe Racer

Over at Visordown Looks good (can't seem to post the link!!!). And the cycle parts look good quality too!! V Nice.

:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 November 2012 14:55)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Thats the point Dave

If you want an old bike with old bike charm.....go and buy one. There`s plenty for sale. If its a new bike you`re after why buy one of these.

Also, if its a factory built bike, then its NOT a cafe racer. its a factory built replica of a stereotypical cafe racer. 
Sorry but I`m passionate about cafe racers. They`re built by people in garages to personal spec usually within a budget and you don`t usually get two the same. 
What we have here is bandwagon jumping. Why not call it a Royal Enfield GT or Sport or Continental? 
You cant argue with the fantastic numbers of  Royal Enfields sold last year, (though not in UK!) so yes they do have a market. But as I say I`vre ridden a "modern" one and it was atrocious in every way.

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

This is the RE I drooled over

the 250cc single back in 1964. The dealers was next to the Tech college where I attended day release and evening classes. It was the biz this bike for me at least.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Dave

This new RE looks very similar, don't you think?

CM's comments are fair for the older Indian models but by all accounts the latest ones are far better quality.

It can be very expensive renovating an old Brit bike to a reliable state. Why bother if all you want is something that harks back to those days.

It can depend on what your expectations are?

Would anybody expect a XT600 to perform like a CBR600?

If you'd like somrething to bimble about on with one gallon of fuel lasting all day, the RE is just the job.

Reply to this Topic
drsqueelgood

Apr 05

drsqueelgood says:

Ahhh.....

..that's the one. I know Cheeky doesn't like this kind of thing but I reckon that looks pretty cool!! Thx

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

drsqueelgood

Have to agree - it's a cool looking bike .... I also like the look of it....

... but .... it's surely going to be a bit of a 'sheep in wolf's clothing' ?:mellow:

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

The 'new' RE brand

has gone down well here in sunny Lincolnshire. There are a fair few older gentlemen riding them about. I have noticed they ride for pleasure and are enjoying the yesterdays feel of the bike. Dont expect them about in wet windy winter weather though. They all wave Hi to you though.

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

at the tender age of 17

I bought a Royal Enfield 250 GT Continental, the original factory built cafe racer. Back in 1967 the only 250 that was faster was a Yamaha YDS3 2 stroke twin but I liked the sound of that single barking thru an open ended silencer and with the clip on bars, rear sets and big red fibreglass tank it was the bizz. I must admit looking at that photo of the new 500 Bullit cafe racer it brought back fond memories, the only thing lacking as far as I could see was a pair of 'bacon slicers' on the front wheel. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices