Skip to content

General OMG Bike related thread big help needed !! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > OMG Bike related thread big help needed !!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

OMG Bike related thread big help needed !!

Just sending off my licence for change of deatails and noticed my bike category was from september 2000:shock:

I passed my test in 1982 ffs. I did  an advanced biking thingy in 2000 and sent the certificate off but whats happened with my bike category.?  Will it matter regards the date , or is there something horribly wrong?

I aint doing another test that's for sure or will the wrong date matter too much.

Bricking it now:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 November 2012 18:59)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

i think....

youll find the date is because that is the date for your advanced certificate as long as you still have the A on your catgories,.. if you arent sure, contact your local DVLA office and ask their advice...

are you having flashbacks to a couple of years ago when the DVLA where wiping bike entitlements from licences?? lol

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

babyblade

i find that ppl who passed their test in 1982 , to be the most humurous , gorgeous , genorous , without fault best looking sex machines on the PLANET , BTW i passed my test in 82 ( who'd a guessed it ay ??? )

did ya take it on an old 250cc ???

mine was a yam xs 250 ( bag o shite but it did the job ) :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

Think yourself lucky

I passed in 1992 sent license off for change of address a few years ago and they wiped my cat A. Had to redo my test. DVLA are scum :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Me, too.

I still get angry thinking about it. Can't believe we had to start again and it wasn't cheap either :mad:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i still have a copy of my bike pass certificate so if they take of my cat A i can show them it can get it back on. or just keep riding as i have a photo copy of my lisence on my pc for when i need to email it to the insurance compays.

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

if you

have the proof on a copy of your original licence then youll be fine. as you can prove your test pass.

Reply to this Topic
Mickly

Dec 02

Mickly says:

The Best Advice

The Best Advice I have heard, is to tell the DVLA that you wish to update your details but you have "Lost" *cough* the original, ask for an updated replacement, if it comes without your original entitlement you can miraculously "find" your original down the back of the sofa to use as proof. 

Mickly.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices