Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda XR full throttle problem Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Honda XR full throttle problem

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

Honda XR full throttle problem

When I apply full throttle on my XR125 my bike bogs down and seems to lose power and drive and won't accelerate properly at all. This happens in all gears I think and means I can hardly get the bike above 40 mph at the moment, would anyone be able to suggest what's going wrong here? Thanks a lot.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 02:44)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

i know nothing about mechanics

but for what its worth my old XJ600 Divvy did this just before i scrapped it , i noticed that my fuel cap seal had broken and this was causing water to enter the tank in turn taking rust with it when it got sucked through fuel pump in turn damaging the filter which then messed up the carbs and finally made me kill my clutch and gears getting it home ... my advice check your fuel tank from experience mate !

Reply to this Topic
Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

Thanks

Ahh okay thanks for that, i'll try and find out if it's that as that would make sense.

Reply to this Topic
gotconned

Jul 13

gotconned says:

problem Fixed?

Did you solve your throttle problem? I have the same problem with my honda cm 125 custom at the moment and this is the closest subject I can find that sounds like the problem my bikes having.. So were you successful in fixing your XR125 and what did you do? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle