Skip to content

Discuss This Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

A minimum weight limit for the Moto2 world championship is currently under discussion in a move that could significantly reduce the disadvantage heavier riders like British star Scott Redding currently have to contend with. The entire Moto2 field were individually weighed in full riding kit including helmet during last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island. It was seen as the first...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Weight limit

Hmmmmmm.......   if the weight limit is a tad over 14 stone I think I'll give it a go. :lol::lol::lol: 

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

What a porker

I weigh 64kg in the flesh, maybe I should go fishing at Valencia.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

What a stupid idea. Enough of those rules just ride the dam thing faster. A larger rider also have advantages such as stronger muscles and physicality to finish races stronger. So now you would put weights on smaller riders? The competition is who gets to the finish line faster, and who is the best rider. Only blind will not admit that Marquez was by far the best riders out there.

Reply to this Topic
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

+1 Momo ...

... being a lard arse can also mean less acceleration, but better traction out of slow corners - swings and roundabouts.

What you gain by lazing on the sun-bed, you lose in life-span - or so they say. 

The similarly 'large' Bradley Smith has worked hard to perform wonders on far inferior equipment to that of the pampered Redding.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Define Large and Inferior Miss Stiggy

Smith's probably the same height as Redding but with a delicate build similar to your green object of lust.

Inferior equipment. Like the same engine and ecu, the same suspension, wheels and brakes. The industry standard aluminium beam frame. Where's this gulf in equipment you mention? What does Redding have that Smith lacks? Whatever it is, it's not machinery based.

I'm dead against the idea of weight limiting in MotoGP with it's surfeit of horsepower. Yet I'm a little more sympathetic to the cause of the larger boys in Moto2 with their wheezy little CBR 600 engines. That said really that comes down to Redding and no one else. His build does count against him in Moto2 but regulation is not the way to go. He just needs to get his arse on a bigger more powerful bike.

Such a shame Uncle Carmelo's stupid four factory bike maximum rule deprived Redding of a MotoGP seat when his team was ready, with the budget to move.

Reply to this Topic
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

Redding ready?

... didn't exactly shut the door on Marquez did he? Not in an intelligent, sophisticated, Dovi-like fashion.

Take it from me - Reddings still a boy.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Redding and Doviziosi

share the dubious record of having only won one GP in the last five years.

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

pig breath

spelling missprint u twat.  wots that a pic of ur mrs or what. think u know everything about everything when really u know fuck all about anything u prick

Reply to this Topic
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

160psi ...

spelling missprint u twat.  wots that a pic of ur mrs or what. think u know everything about everything when really u know fuck all about anything u prick

... goes pop!

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

pigface

just to justiofy my staitment prick 2011 scott finished in the points more often than bs, 2012 scott is ahead of bs in the standings. go figure dumb fuck

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle