Skip to content

Discuss This Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

A minimum weight limit for the Moto2 world championship is currently under discussion in a move that could significantly reduce the disadvantage heavier riders like British star Scott Redding currently have to contend with. The entire Moto2 field were individually weighed in full riding kit including helmet during last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island. It was seen as the first...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

160psi ...

just to justiofy my staitment prick 2011 scott finished in the points more often than bs, 2012 scott is ahead of bs in the standings. go figure dumb fuck

... and then puffffffffffff.

Go explain your view to Herve - in English (if possible). 

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

herve

mate why would i give a monkeys about what herve thinks he's as corrupt as the rest of em. i dont like bradley smith is that a sinn or some shit. scott redding rules imo youngest ever to win not only a gp but his home gp on infearior equipment. whats bs done? nothing thats what. oh 2nd on the best bike on the grid gimme a break.

Reply to this Topic
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

160psi ...

... nice to see that you've calmed down.

Redding is a gifted rider and that's not in doubt. What is in doubt (for many people) is Smith's ability.

Herve is no fool. He knows better than most how Smith has handled the '610' situation, and he's backed that up with the MotoGP contract. 

You plead "gimme a break", but why don't you give Smith 'a break'

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

it should have minimum weight limit, other things are controlled on the class so why not this.

seems fair to me

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

I wonder if the thinner riders will have to stuff pillows down their leathers to equalize air drag. 30kg is some spare tire.

Reply to this Topic
INJEBRECK99

Sep 11

INJEBRECK99 says:

Is it me, or does anybody else think it's funny that a weight limit is being considered now that favourite son Marquez has moved on ?? Odd that!

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

Please stop

Well, where and when is it going to be fair...what about strength? The ones that are a bit heavier will have an advantage over the smaller rider?

We are all build differently, is that not the glory? What about courage, skill, mental and physical health during a race....are we going to measure all that shit before a race as well to make it fair?.....what a crock of shit.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol?

You don't need strength when riding a motorbike, if that was the case then they'd all be body building. You aren't picking up the motorbike lol, you're counter steering it with small inputs to the handle bars and shifting your weight. The Min weight limit is needed.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MissStiggy

The only thing amazing about MissStiggy is that it's the Rev again, the Dovi and Smith lover, come on Rev, I want to see those other accounts, that you're hardly using, you know, TheHoleShot, CAL35GP1, Calfan, bartman, just to mention a few.

When everyone is trying to have a discussion about something, you just try to wind everyone up. Come on then wind me up you big pussy.  BaaaBaaaaBaaaaaBaaaaaaBaaaaa, bring your other mates to the party.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

UNFAIR

Scott is an amazing talented rider, but when your giving away 15 kg against other really talented riders with only 140bhp on tap you have no chance. It just goes to show how good Scott really is. If the rules dont change he should move to what i see as the premier class now WSB (providing DORNA dont mess that up like they have MOTOGP)  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices