Skip to content

Discuss This Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

A minimum weight limit for the Moto2 world championship is currently under discussion in a move that could significantly reduce the disadvantage heavier riders like British star Scott Redding currently have to contend with. The entire Moto2 field were individually weighed in full riding kit including helmet during last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island. It was seen as the first...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

They add success ballast

to some forms of car racing Saturn, British touring cars for example. I think they also have a reverse grid race at some point in the meeting aswell. Spices things up. Or is just dumbing down for fans with no imagination?

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Moaner

Scott Redding is a moaner!!! Mika Kallioo has 67kg and he is 6th in the championship 42 point behind Redding! Redding needs to shut his mouth and ride harder! If he can'tt there is always some other sport!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

SuperM  -  the adding subtracting weight rule would be dumbing down to an extent - but so is control ECU's control tyres, CRT's, Moto1 class  etc.   we need something tho' to close the gap in lap times between the multinational giants and the also rans.  Dorna are trying to do that but i guess it's easier to sit on here and make suggestions than it is to make meaningful changes in reality.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Horses and cars

Ha, ha, what a couple of fuggin' clowns. This is motorcycle racing, a dynamic sport with a multitude of physical inputs constantly required to get the best from a machine. Using your rationale why isn't this whippet Koyama decimating the entire field?

You can dumb down the machinery as much as you like, but short of amputations and lobotomies you're never going to be able to regulate the talent divide. You know the one which sees but two aliens 2013 (? Marquez) and Rossi for what he is - a grid filler.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Wooooooooooooo

time of the month again nostro? Feeling a little bitchy today? or just looking for payback from the kicking I gave you?  ha ha ha!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

"Using your rationale why isn't this whippet Koyama decimating the entire field?"

that dosen't even make sense in relation to what was said. I realise you're desperate for payback, but at what price? Fool! ha ha ha

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

nostro

there was a time i used to look out for your posts i found them interesting and informative at times more than most. lately however youve dropped to the level of most fan boys on here.

oyama got no talent mate. 125 bhp is going to struggle ol big bones redding outta any 1st 2nd gear turn. this sort of disadvantage needs to be leveled out period

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Sm you little pantie sniffer

you couldn't kick your way out of a sodden paper bag.

Thanks BGW. I hold you in the utmost respect too.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro, Nostro, Nostro

Sigh!!!   Ok then 14th century soothsayer  WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS ???  and please don't avoid the question with a politicians answer.   If you read my post it says it's a question not an opinion.   I agree with BennyGayWossi you've lost the plot.  As with everything, levels will always fall to the lowest common denominator!

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Is the level at the top so fierce that a few kilos in weight make the difference? surely it's more about the bikem why did bradley have a good year 011 but not this been at the pies or lack od development, same for scotty boy didn't he change chasis instead of going on a diet, elias???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices