Skip to content

Discuss This Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Minimum weight limit being considered for Moto2

A minimum weight limit for the Moto2 world championship is currently under discussion in a move that could significantly reduce the disadvantage heavier riders like British star Scott Redding currently have to contend with. The entire Moto2 field were individually weighed in full riding kit including helmet during last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island. It was seen as the first...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Sniffing pants

You can't even come up with an original insult nostro. Stealing my lines again. I lead, you follow. No big surprise

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

eddl

18 kgs is a shit load of weight. a full tank of fuel probally weighs less! you must notice when you fill ur bike up how much more bogged down it is with the extra weight of fuel. my r1 feels ace with an empty tank really nimble and peaky. fill it up and its like a harley. not that i ever rode one. imagine on a little 600 when every ounze makes a differance. poor scotty cant help being heavier than most whippets..  every thing in moto2 is controlled so stands to reason that weight should be too.. and its not just for scotts benifit is it.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

-

74kg might not seem heavy at the shopping mall but at this level of competition it is quite over weight. Fat folk are not very strong and they have low endurance, I should know, I've fought enough of 'em. This weight idea isn't implemented in F1 for equality it is so they don't go back to the bad old days when a Lotus would break in half due to one of Chapmans 'ideas'. This is BTCC shit, if a rider wins, even dominates then so be it. Beat them proper or shut the f*** up.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Ok so i'll play devils advocate, if this is the case why for the last 2 seasons has scott been put forward as a title contender by fans and pundits and team owners? Being a fat bastard of the class it wasn't or isn't ever gonna happen, is it?

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

??

the bloke is tall, not fa,t what do you expect him to turn annorexik. whats a mall anyhow?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

eddl

Have you ever seen a picture of Scott stood by Marquez, Scott's bones weigh more than Marquez does ringing wet, some riders are just simply bigger people,  that doesn't mean they're fat. 

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

the fat comment was tongue in cheek for fuck sake, there all athletes i know this

Reply to this Topic
MissStiggy

Nov 12

MissStiggy says:

Redding ...

... was on Twitter a few weeks back asking if anyone knew of a suitable low-fat diet - strange that most 'elite' two-wheeled athletes don't have a dietitian or even a personal trainer. They've had them for years in four-wheeled motorsport.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

CrematedCorn

By what percentage would you estimate Redding's bones weight more than a wringing wet Marquez? 80% perhaps?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

I think that a baseline minimum weight limit is necessary for the smaller classes as the heavier riders are at a huge disadvantage with the lower horsepower.

Another reason being that the smaller classes should be stepping stones to the premier class which should have the best riders come through not midgets winning because of their weight advantage.

The weight added to bring a rider/bike combo up to the minimum can be added in any way and any where they like which can still give a lighter rider some small advantage by placing that weight down low and moving it forward or rearward as required for different track set up.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices